Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Hmm just had a phone call from daughter, she's going to stop with a friend. And while I've wanted some kind of solution to the covid threat to Mrs F, I'm now feeling torn.
    Until Mrs F is immunised?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful View Post
    Is this thread open to all opinions ?
    I ask because I won’t be having it but I also don’t want to get harassed, attacked and called a conspiracy theorist, if the answer is no, then hello all and goodbye lol
    Don't worry..You have every right to join the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Just for the night or for a while?
    It must be very hard on all of you and I know how torn you must be.
    My niece did this - she is 17, and needed to self-isolate so stayed with a friend for 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She asked me how long before Mrs F would get a vaccine, so I think a month or two. It has been very tense and I've found myself avoiding my daughter, its easier for Mrs F as she's shielding and can just shut her bedroom door. However, my daughter works in Spar. So as a household, we're only as secure as our weakest link. She's been working there for just over a year, but she sees the news and knows covid is rampant. She'll also have to pay her friend something towards housekeeping which she doesn't do here, so maybe this is a good thing. It doesn't feel that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful View Post
    Is this thread open to all opinions ?
    I ask because I won’t be having it but I also don’t want to get harassed, attacked and called a conspiracy theorist, if the answer is no, then hello all and goodbye lol
    You should be OK if GaryA ain't about

I suspect that you are far more worried about your daughter bringing Covid back than Mrs F is so maybe this arrangement would be a good thing for everyone? You wouldn't have to live in fear of her anymore and could just concentrate on keeping yourself well?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I suspect that you are far more worried about your daughter bringing Covid back than Mrs F is so maybe this arrangement would be a good thing for everyone? You wouldn't have to live in fear of her anymore and could just concentrate on keeping yourself well?
    Mrs F is worried too, enough to keep her door permanently closed now other than when I'm fetching and carrying. And then I'm wearing a mask. My daughter's friend lives with her BF so it will be interesting to see how that goes. A virus works on other levels as well as purely biological. It's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    You should be OK if GaryA ain't about
    My New Years resolution was to be more zen.

Hi Gary!

Now, not to worry anyone, but... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55579028

An NHS nurse who has contracted Covid-19 three weeks after being vaccinated says she is "angry and heartbroken".

The hospital nurse, who works within the Hywel Dda University Health Board area, said morale is at an all-time low among her colleagues.

So the nurse wants to get health workers 2 doses early. Sounds good to me. But she also wants to vaccinate their perfectly healthy families just in case? So use up the doses on healthy age groups and let the most at risk wait longer?

Health workers dealt with this issue before we had a vaccine so the risks are lower now as they get at least some protection.

But are there any more cases? Changing the strategy based on one isolated case would be very poor. WHO don't agree with SAGE, and I think this is very credible, but I would like to know which strategy shows the numbers of hospitalised and dead are worse with a) vaccinate less people at all but the 2nd dose is administered per the manufacturer and b) the same based on the 12 week 2nd dose that means more people have some immunity.

Have those models been published?

Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread Information