Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I agree with your dad on this one!
    Me too. The sooner the far cheaper Oxford launched the better.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    My Dad has grown an extra head since his jab, is that normal?
    I don't know if it's normal, but the extra head would entitle him to entry into Tasmania and permanent residency if he wanted it. He'd fit right in with the locals. After 2 years the state government would even pay for it to be removed. They normally do this soon after birth and the scar is then usually barely visible, but I'm told it is more visible when the operation is performed later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Me too. The sooner the far cheaper Oxford launched the better.
    I just had the Oxford vaccine let's hope this gives up some sense of normality again xx

I'm relieved that you've had the jab, Mrs S. You need all the protection you can get in your job which must be so very stressful xx

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    I don't know if it's normal, but the extra head would entitle him to entry into Tasmania and permanent residency if he wanted it. He'd fit right in with the locals. After 2 years the state government would even pay for it to be removed. They normally do this soon after birth and the scar is then usually barely visible, but I'm told it is more visible when the operation is performed later in life.
    panic_down_under, I never realised Tasmania had such a problem with double headers. I'm assuming this is an Aussie 'in-joke'? To do with in-breeding? The small rural town where I currently reside used to have a similar reputation, 'six finger city' was one saying. Though I'm happy to say my ancestry comes from different corners of England.

LOL Ian and FM, you two reminded me of this!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm relieved that you've had the jab, Mrs S. You need all the protection you can get in your job which must be so very stressful xx
    Thank you so much so lovely of you l hope you are doing well xx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    I just had the Oxford vaccine let's hope this gives up some sense of normality again xx
    I hope it does. It must have been incredibly worrying for you trying to protect those you care for.

My dad gets his first next Thursday. My mum is a higher risk but housebound and there is no plan for them yet per the surgery (so much for the most vulnerable first...as usual it's the least inconvenience to GPs)

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    panic_down_under, I never realised Tasmania had such a problem with double headers. I'm assuming this is an Aussie 'in-joke'? To do with in-breeding?
    Yep, as they say, Tassie: 450,000 people, 5 surnames. However, it has become flavour of the 'month' in recent years with a surge of mainlanders moving here either as climate change refugees, e.g. me, or because housing has been cheap, although this is no longer the case in most areas. So the Tasmanian gene pool is being greatly expanded.

I am planning on moving to Cygnet,Ian I have a map of TassieI watched Sunrise last week,that tennis player with 3 fingers and 7 toes come from Tassie?

Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread Information