Page 62 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It's one of the reasons why people who suffer with anxiety, suffer with anxiety. Always looking for the worst case scenario.
    Sadly I think a lot of us in general have become 'conditioned' into looking for and expecting the worst-case scenarios, especially over the past 30 years or so where the media have become even more extreme in their sensationalism and propaganda during the time that has elapsed.

I clearly remember 1991 being a pretty horrible year, due to both general circumstances (e.g, things in the news at that time such as the first Iraq war, the early 90s recession, IRA terror attacks, city riots, high crime rates in general, etc), and personal circumstances (which I won't bore you all with in this instance).

Imagine what it might have been like if we had the Internet as we now know it and social media back then?

Conversely, just imagine what it might have been like if we had the Covid pandemic back then in the still-relatively low-tech early 90s, without all the mass communication technology we take for granted today?

How did people cope with Spanish Flu without wall to wall news coverage and eminent scientists at the helm? And with a World War going on at the same time?

I raised this point with a friend of mine recently.

The internet is a fantastical paradox that provides people all the information they need to become as misinformed as they like.

The global witch hunt that is BillGates-Gate, is bafflingly bewildering to me. The absolute need that people have to tear down people who are clearly and OBVIOUSLY doing good. They are the same kind of people that don't believe Covid is a real thing, despite it happening literally all around them.

There are actually people in hospital with Covid needing ventilation who don't believe Covid exists.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There are actually people in hospital with Covid needing ventilation who don't believe Covid exists.
    I don't believe that. But I also believe it.

The internet is a fantastical paradox that provides people all the information they need to become as misinformed as they like.

The global witch hunt that is BillGates-Gate, is bafflingly bewildering to me. The absolute need that people have to tear down people who are clearly and OBVIOUSLY doing good. They are the same kind of people that don't believe Covid is a real thing, despite it happening literally all around them.
    Yea Joe there was this guy commenting on the BBC newsfeed on Youtube. I don't have the link as its on my other YouTube account but I quote 'There is no deadly virus. Firstly viruses are not living organisms or living microbes. They do not have a respiratory system, nor do they have a nucleus or digestive system. Viruses are not alive and viruses are not contagious. The fear behind Coronavirus, for instance, is wholly unwarranted'.

I'm nicking that

I think it goes beyond that, Joe. Some will be jealous, envious, suspicious, paranoid or just poo poo-ers. Just part of the human condition.

So today my mum was given the Oxford vaccine via home visit. The nurse didn't wait as long as we are expected too at a centre. She said they are seeing more side effects from this one.

Tonight mum has been unwell and we expect it is this. The behaviours seen in her previous high temperature episodes occurred. She was tired, acheing legs, confused, etc. So we applied the usual treatment and she is feeling much better now.

My dad only had some mild arm inflammation with the Pfizer one. Mum hasn't had this side effect.

We will see how she is 24hrs on.

I'm sure it will be a long day for you and your Dad, Terry. Thank goodness you know what to look out for and can monitor her well.

I hope that she continues to be stable and that this is the first step towards alleviating the worry of Covid infection x

Page 62 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread Information