Page 63 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There are actually people in hospital with Covid needing ventilation who don't believe Covid exists.
    Blatant denial of the highest order!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think it goes beyond that, Joe. Some will be jealous, envious, suspicious, paranoid or just poo poo-ers. Just part of the human condition.
    Probably an accumulation of reasons, but some of the stuff I see on my Facebook feed scares me. And before you ask, my job demands a Facebook account because 'media'.

It's hard to see 30/40 something professionals with an intellect and a family posting conspiracy theory nonsense. I genuinely find this scarier than all the Covid stories combined. Covid is logical and somewhat predictable. I can do something about it for myself and my family, not 100% of course, but I can do something.

My fear of the conspiracy theory nutjobs is that they can vote, they can have a say in the future my children live in. That is what scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Probably an accumulation of reasons, but some of the stuff I see on my Facebook feed scares me. And before you ask, my job demands a Facebook account because 'media'.

It's hard to see 30/40 something professionals with an intellect and a family posting conspiracy theory nonsense. I genuinely find this scarier than all the Covid stories combined. Covid is logical and somewhat predictable. I can do something about it for myself and my family, not 100% of course, but I can do something.

My fear of the conspiracy theory nutjobs is that they can vote, they can have a say in the future my children live in. That is what scares me.
    I’ve found that they all kind of fall into certain categories. You have your hardcore conspiracy theorists who just believe everything is a conspiracy.

Then you have those who have been affected adversely by lockdowns. People who are out of work or who own businesses that aren’t able to open. A lot of them deny the severity of the pandemic and it’s just their way of saying that it’s hurting them. I kind of feel for these people in a way.

Then there are those, for want of a better phrase, who just can’t be arsed with the inconvenience to their lives so insist it’s all a lie so they can justify doing as they please. I see a lot of that, unfortunately.

Bottom line is that when push comes to shove most of these folk don’t even believe their own drivel. Threaten them with travel restrictions or whatever and you’ll see them rolling up their sleeves. For the most part, it’s just mindless bluster.

The hardcore conspiracy theorists will do as they do. Walk around shouting and wailing looking for attention while the rest of us follow science and get on with our lives. Their influence will wane as science produces results, they’ll then move on to the next thing that they’ve become an overnight expert on.

I don't know about elsewhere but it's a total clusterflock here concerning the vaccine. Right now it's front line workers and 65+yo. I've not been able to get a straight answer as to whether my wife and I qualify now due to our pre-existing conditions. Distribution is sketchy and the sights to sign up are booked days in advance and fill up in literally minutes. No time line as to when the next phase will start. I know they're working on it but it's frustrating nonetheless. Uggggg... Add to that all these variants popping up and who the heck knows I guess it's pandemic business as usual in the mean time.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So today my mum was given the Oxford vaccine via home visit. The nurse didn't wait as long as we are expected too at a centre. She said they are seeing more side effects from this one.

Tonight mum has been unwell and we expect it is this. The behaviours seen in her previous high temperature episodes occurred. She was tired, acheing legs, confused, etc. So we applied the usual treatment and she is feeling much better now.

My dad only had some mild arm inflammation with the Pfizer one. Mum hasn't had this side effect.

We will see how she is 24hrs on.
    Hope everything turns out ok for you Terry, keep us posted.

So today my mum was given the Oxford vaccine via home visit. The nurse didn't wait as long as we are expected too at a centre. She said they are seeing more side effects from this one.

Tonight mum has been unwell and we expect it is this. The behaviours seen in her previous high temperature episodes occurred. She was tired, acheing legs, confused, etc. So we applied the usual treatment and she is feeling much better now.

My dad only had some mild arm inflammation with the Pfizer one. Mum hasn't had this side effect.

We will see how she is 24hrs on.
    Hope your mum is doing ok Terry.

Same from me, Terry. Hope her temp has been stable.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I don't know about elsewhere but it's a total clusterflock here concerning the vaccine. Right now it's front line workers and 65+yo. I've not been able to get a straight answer as to whether my wife and I qualify now due to our pre-existing conditions. Distribution is sketchy and the sights to sign up are booked days in advance and fill up in literally minutes. No time line as to when the next phase will start. I know they're working on it but it's frustrating nonetheless. Uggggg... Add to that all these variants popping up and who the heck knows I guess it's pandemic business as usual in the mean time.

Positive thoughts
    I did read an article about how hard someone found it trying to get her Mum booked in. Surely as a frontline worker it should be easier for you. I hope you get through soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same from me Terry re your Mum. Hopefully she’ll be better tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 63 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread Information