Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: The vaccine

Re: The vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Apparently according to the Daily Telegraph..You need to exercise your arm on the day of the jab to get a good response to the vaccine..

You also need to have had a good night's sleep the night before, take some exercise on the day itself and keep stress to a minimum.

Also..you need to be happy and optimistic...

What do you reckon, PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    The vaccines are safe and, going by early data, far more effective than anyone could have dreamt. If we keep going with this vaccine distribution Covid-19 will be a distant memory within a year.
    This isn't me being pessimistic but I think that's rather a foolhardy thing to say: for one, it relies on a bigger vaccine uptake and dare I say it, tightly-closed borders here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

Shite and a fair whack of sodium chloride divided up into pinch- sized doses

Apparently according to the Daily Telegraph..You need to exercise your arm on the day of the jab to get a good response to the vaccine..

You also need to have had a good night's sleep the night before, take some exercise on the day itself and keep stress to a minimum.

Also..you need to be happy and optimistic...

What do you reckon, PM?
    Well it'll be totally ineffective for me then. Mrs F has appt for Saturday 11-30. A slot appeared as if by magic after receptionist spoke to the practice manager.
    Last edited by fishman65; 22-02-21 at 14:38. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well it'll be totally ineffective for me then. Mrs F has appt for Saturday 11-30. A slot appeared as if by magic after receptionist spoke to the practice manager.
    We all just need to put our happy faces on for the day and whirl our arms around in the jab queue..We won't hit anyone because we'll all be social distancing and no one will come near us anyway...

Glad Mrs F is sorted too. Please pass on this critical pre-jab info to her too...

I've got my vaccine booked too (Friday) - was surprised to be called for it early but I think it's to do with a health issue I had a year and a half ago.

I'm not complaining at all tbh - worried I was higher risk and though I though I already had it earlier ive tested negative for antibodies so I shall be going there with my arm out and getting jabbed

My husband getting his on Wednesday too

I think side effects are quite minimal from what I've read - my friend had hers last week and she took paracetamol before and after and only had a sore arm / felt tired so fingers crossed everyone has the same reaction here

I hope you are coping, Squishchips? Must be such a difficult time for you and your husband. I'm glad you are both getting your jabs xx

I hope you are coping, Squishchips? Must be such a difficult time for you and your husband. I'm glad you are both getting your jabs xx
    Yes I am thank you Had a very wobbly couple of weeks as was waiting on a biopsy result which I was convinced was going to be bad news - worst timing ever but thankfully all clear so that's something.

Funeral is on 12th March and we're getting jab only couple of weeks before but at least gives some protection. Am worrying there'll be 30 people there which is daunting (most have had covid or have had the jab/been shielding though!). Very strange to prepare for a funeral with the added worry of covid but I'm sure it'll be organised properly

Is your jab tomorrow? Bet that will be a relief - certainly seems like some sort of light at the end of the tunnel now?

I can't begin to imagine how sad and even more distressing a funeral must be under Covid restrictions. Particularly in view of the fact that you lost your mother-in-law to Covid.

You must be so angry at the people moaning about trivialities and "deprivations" when you have suffered true bereavement under the worst possible circumstances..and have to cope with this and carry on somehow.

Yes my jab is tomorrow. I'm a carer for my 2 adult children who have autism and severe anxiety so I am relieved...It's not as if I can go off sick if I become very unwell.

I hope the funeral encapsulates all you would wish for as a tribute for your mother-in-law and maybe you can plan for a further occasion to commemorate her life when more people are allowed to get together again if this is what you would like to do xx

Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread Information