Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I do

Re: What do I do

Quote Originally Posted by MattBananafone34 View Post
    I’ve gotten a blood test and got a physical exam from my doctor a month ago. She found nothing wrong. I do have nasal congestion still and a bit of pain behind the ear.
    Matt, your nasal congestion is the most likeliest cause for your headaches - especially if it's at the front of your head. I get them a lot.

For all I know, I could be hyper focusing on my head too much and convincing myself the worst. (Which I am)
    There's no 'for all I know' about it. You are hyper focusing on your head too much and that will make any symptom seem far worse than it actually is.

The reassurance always helps but I DO need to attain more skill sets to control the anxiety.

You need professional help.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you apart from an increasing case of anxiety and poor mental habit forming.

Imagine this, there is NOTHING wrong with you, and your life is passing you by because of imaginary problems. But you don't need to imagine it, because that's what you're doing.

Get help, CBT is the best place to start.

There is nothing physically wrong with you. Stop coming here for reassurance, get help. Reassurance is just part of the problem.

The past day or two I have been thinking to myself about how I’ve wasted ridiculous amounts of time thinking I have some crazy diseases. Ive looked over all my old threads on here and I’ve complained about the same stuff 2 years ago... I complained about the same headaches, the same twitching, the same EVERYTHING. It’s honestly laughable at this point because I realize how this is all a cycle. Some months I am totally free of anxious thoughts but other months it’s the same stuff. I even got to a thread where I was genuinely convinced I had RABIES... yes RABIES.

In 2018, I was deathly afraid of a heart condition, guess I don’t have it.

I am at the point now where I basically KNOW nothing is wrong with me and I need to learn how to control my mind when intrusive thoughts pop up.

Thanks,
    Matt

I am at the point now where I basically KNOW nothing is wrong with me and I need to learn how to control my mind when intrusive thoughts pop up.

Thanks,
    Matt
    You've probably said this before too Matt...

If you want some advice on how to get your life back, read my posts, or anybody else's posts who have gained control of HA.

Saying this to yourself isn't enough mate. You have to be proactive.

The past day or two I have been thinking to myself about how I’ve wasted ridiculous amounts of time thinking I have some crazy diseases. Ive looked over all my old threads on here and I’ve complained about the same stuff 2 years ago... I complained about the same headaches, the same twitching, the same EVERYTHING. It’s honestly laughable at this point because I realize how this is all a cycle. Some months I am totally free of anxious thoughts but other months it’s the same stuff. I even got to a thread where I was genuinely convinced I had RABIES... yes RABIES.

In 2018, I was deathly afraid of a heart condition, guess I don’t have it.

Thanks,
    Matt
    The human mind is basically a computer that likes to repeat behaviour, and predict outcomes based on old experiences. If you keep practising catastrophic thinking, you'll stay really good at it.

The key here is to practice NOT doing that. Every time you think of a new malady or disease you have, you MUST say to yourself 'I've been here before, I know I'm fine'. You'll need to say it hundreds or even thousands of times over the next few months, but it's really the only way to climb out of the mental pit you've dug yourself into. It's a common thing to do, so don't beat yourself up, but health anxiety is a choice more than almost any other kind of anxiety, so choose to think differently and practise doing so until that becomes your new habit. It's hard, so start today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information