Thread: Feel like someone has my head under water

Feel like someone has my head under water

Hi

Iv suffered health anxiety since my twins were born 10 years ago. It peaks and dips.

Since April one of my twins was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes which as you can imagine sent me in a spin. (Both my twins are ASC)

Then 10 days ago my 12 year old (I have four sons 17/12/10/10) was sent straight to a n e from a eye test as his optic disc are swelled. Only mild but he now has to have a mri which is next week.

I can’t control my anxiety - my neck jaw and shoulder has been painful (mild) for 8 weeks and Its sent me spiralling - I woke up with the pain from a bad sleeping position I think) I have been clenching my jaw a lot too without knowing.
    Anyway sorry for the long winded post but I feel like Iv made myself numb- hard to explain but I feel so disconnected to my emotions.
    Any help or advise would be much appreciated x

Re: Feel like someone has my head under water

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmaleary85 View Post

Since April one of my twins was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes which as you can imagine sent me in a spin. (Both my twins are ASC)
    ASC?

I can’t control my anxiety - my neck jaw and shoulder has been painful (mild) for 8 weeks and Its sent me spiralling - I woke up with the pain from a bad sleeping position I think) I have been clenching my jaw a lot too without knowing.
    You're certainly going through a very stressful time lovely. It's no wonder your nervous system is in a tiswas.

Obviously, tension is responsible for your neck, jaw and shoulder issue.

You're a mum. You have to reel your anxiety in in front of your kids. You must be strong for them. But who is supporting you?

Part of caring for your kids is caring for yourself. You can't help them if you break down, so it's important that you get a handle on your anxiety - even if that means medication to see you through this rough part.

Also..

Take relaxing baths when you can - warm not hot.

Remove stimulants from your diet.

Give yourself a foot massage before you go to sleep. (sesame oil)

Keep hydrated.

Be mindful of what goes into your brain re news/social media etc

This is a total bore-fest, I know, but your body will be swilling with stress hormones and the more support you can give it the better things will be for you.

I hope all goes well for your son with the MRI. X

Thank you for your reply x. They are both autistic x (autism spectrum condition)

I try my very best not to let them see my anxiety as I’d hate for them to have it - literally wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy x

Noticed this morning my jaw in that side is “popping” a lot when I open and shut my mouth and my bottom molars hurt - think from unconsciously clenching x
    I can rationalise most of the time I’m being daft but struggling at the minute.

Thanks for the tips gonna definitely give them a try especially the soaking feet one before bed. My son got a sensor for his diabetes so it alarms during the night if he is having a hypo or hyper so I think I’m tense when I’m asleep. 🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️

Thank you again for your reply xx

Thank you for your reply x. They are both autistic x (autism spectrum condition)
    Ah! I know it as ASD. I prefer your version though. Hate the word 'disorder'. I'm autistic, btw.

I try my very best not to let them see my anxiety as I’d hate for them to have it - literally wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy x
    Me neither cocker. Well, actually, there are one or two people who could do with a week in my mind. My husband for one.

Noticed this morning my jaw in that side is “popping” a lot when I open and shut my mouth and my bottom molars hurt - think from unconsciously clenching x
    I can rationalise most of the time I’m being daft but struggling at the minute.
    This is where the 'What if' Gremlin comes out to play. He plays on your anxiety - uses it to his advantage. Acknowledge the little swine, but don't let him in.

Thanks for the tips gonna definitely give them a try especially the soaking feet one before bed. My son got a sensor for his diabetes so it alarms during the night if he is having a hypo or hyper so I think I’m tense when I’m asleep. 臘*♀️臘*♀️
    That must be very difficult for you. Have you thought about getting a service dog? Those dogs are something else when it comes to being able to sniff out a hypo etc... X

Ah the wonderful world of autism - my boys have the best personalities and as I’ve gotten older I think I’m high functioning myself x

Hope your doing ok?

They are both petrified of dogs - of any animals come to think of it so that’s not a option at the minute x the sensor has taking the weight off abit x

That little ba#$¥€ gremlin - if only I could put my foot .... life would be so much easier hahaha

Ah the wonderful world of autism - my boys have the best personalities and as I’ve gotten older I think I’m high functioning myself x
    Technically I'm 'highly functioning' but I have a list of mental health disorders a mile long, one nervous breakdown under my belt and Fibromyalgia. I think barely functioning is more me.

Don't be disheartened though - my son is autistic and he got the support and early intervention I didn't get. He's a very happy little boy and he has a fabulous personality - like his Ma * bats eyelashes*

They are both petrified of dogs - of any animals come to think of it so that’s not a option at the minute x the sensor has taking the weight off abit x
    That's a shame. Good to hear the sensor is helping though.

That little ba#$¥€ gremlin - if only I could put my foot .... life would be so much easier hahaha
    Show it who's boss lovely. X

Thread Information