Thread: Internal Hemmoroids

Internal Hemmoroids

Not really a health concern because I know what it is, but just wondering if anyone has treatment advice. I had a grade 3 internal hemmoroid I could push back in when needed. Then I went on a backpacking trip on a brutal hike and it promptly swelled dramatically and will no longer go back in. Everything I’ve read says surgery is required at this point.

But overall just wondering if there’s anything else I can do, maybe to shrink it enough to make rubber banding an option.

Re: Internal Hemmoroids

I have suffered from internal hemmoroids on and off for the last couple of years. If you want to bring down the swelling quickly you need an anti-inflammatory or a hemmoroid cream with steriod in it. Some people recommend sitz baths etc too. You probably need to look at your diet. A lot of foods make mine worse for example Tomatoes and spicy food. So think about removing things that do (caffeine and alcohol are bad too as they make you constipated). Make sure you are getting enough fibre and drink a lot of water. You need to make stools softer or the hemerroids won't get a chance to heal. At this this stage it might be good to get some advice from a Dr aswell.

Oh gosh! Sorry to hear. The “plus HC” anosol is the strongest anosol cream - maybe it’d shrink it just enough?

Quote Originally Posted by akirru View Post
    I have suffered from internal hemmoroids on and off for the last couple of years. If you want to bring down the swelling quickly you need an anti-inflammatory or a hemmoroid cream with steriod in it. Some people recommend sitz baths etc too. You probably need to look at your diet. A lot of foods make mine worse for example Tomatoes and spicy food. So think about removing things that do (caffeine and alcohol are bad too as they make you constipated). Make sure you are getting enough fibre and drink a lot of water. You need to make stools softer or the hemerroids won't get a chance to heal. At this this stage it might be good to get some advice from a Dr aswell.
    Thanks for the feedback! I have a doctor appointment next week for banding that I scheduled a month ago. I’ll work on the lifestyle things between now and then. Maybe he can set me up with some steroid cream to make banding more viable too.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalSprite View Post
    Oh gosh! Sorry to hear. The “plus HC” anosol is the strongest anosol cream - maybe it’d shrink it just enough?
    Thanks! I’ll look for that. I’ve been using preparation h, but it’s not getting the job done haha. Something new could do the trick.

These things are awful!

I use Anusol 'torpedoes' up the bum and I've learned how to sleep with my arse in the air. (seems to help)

Dontcha just love seeing your Anusol cream trundling along the conveyor belt at the supermarket checkouts?

'Lady at checkout 7 got bum grapes'.

And it's obviously me they're for, seeing as I'm walking like John Wayne...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    These things are awful!

I use Anusol 'torpedoes' up the bum and I've learned how to sleep with my arse in the air. (seems to help)

Dontcha just love seeing your Anusol cream trundling along the conveyor belt at the supermarket checkouts?

We could throw some latex gloves on to complete the ensemble

'Lady at checkout 7 got bum grapes'.

And it's obviously me they're for, seeing as I'm walking like John Wayne...
    We should add latex gloves to complete the ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    We should add latex gloves to complete the ensemble

Thread Information