Thread: Should this be happening already?

Should this be happening already?

I went back on citalopram 10mg about 3 weeks ago and for once, it was easy to get used to as Id caught my anxiety just at the tipping point. I settled quickly.

However, I had a bit of an anxiety attack last night and am feeling very jittery this morning. Is it time to increase already? I normally get a few months (3-5) at least.

Thanks

Naomi

Re: Should this be happening already?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmi View Post
    I went back on citalopram 10mg about 3 weeks ago and for once, it was easy to get used to as Id caught my anxiety just at the tipping point. I settled quickly.

However, I had a bit of an anxiety attack last night and am feeling very jittery this morning. Is it time to increase already? I normally get a few months (3-5) at least.
    There are two issues, Naomi. Firstly, 10mg citalopram is a sub therapeutic dose for most. The recommended minimum is 20mg. Staying on sub therapeutic doses for long periods may increase the risk of the med pooping-out.

The second is it typically takes 4-12 weeks for ADs to kick-in and it tends to take a little longer than it did before the second time around so the citalopram probably isn't working much, if at all at this stage.

- - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefulmi View Post
    I went back on citalopram 10mg about 3 weeks ago and for once, it was easy to get used to as I’d caught my anxiety just at the tipping point. I settled quickly.

Thanks

Naomi
    Hi Naomi, its still such early days yet, three weeks on citalopram is no time at all. I started 20mg on 13th June then a month later went upto 30mg had some very rough days at first but feel heaps better now but even now still get the odd morning waking up shaking & anxious. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you both

Thread Information