Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The end of the annual flu

Re: The end of the annual flu

I’m sorry but I am so sick and tired of hearing that SARS Cov-2 is “just the flu”. It 100% is not the flu. Not even the same genetic components as the flu. Does it have some of the same similarities as far as infections go? Sure. But it is NOT the flu. And if more people would actually participate in the mask wearing and social distancing, we’d have had a much better handle on this ages ago - without causing serious harm to worldwide economies. Instead, let’s just go ahead and be selfish, do what we want, have no concern or empathy for our fellow human beings, and prolong this virus as long as we can. Great plan. Sorry. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I’m sorry but I am so sick and tired of hearing that SARS Cov-2 is “just the flu”. It 100% is not the flu.
    Rant justified. I'm getting to the point where I feel the need to deploy an educational instrument for these people in the shape of a Louisville Slugger.

Elsewhere:

Not wearing a mask is linked to antisocial traits, study finds

The antisocial profile was linked to higher scores in the personality questions related to “callousness, deceitfulness, hostility, impulsivity, irresponsibility, manipulativeness, and risk-taking”, antisocial traits which, the study notes, “are typically present in people diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD)". This group also had lower scores in affective resonance.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b1347252.html

That Daily Fail is a load of BS.Where they come up with this shite is boggling

It's true we've had virtually no flu this year.
    They're putting it down to lockdowns and social distancing.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Of course it fvcking is.
    +1 from me guys

Knock on effect. Put more police in an area to stop violence but the burglary rate goes down too. Pretty obvious that presence reduces across the board. Same with increased hygiene to less infection in general.

Probably find Q2 2020 car accidents down on last year too since hardly any cars were on the road.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 28-10-20 at 09:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Norovirus: the very definition of "contagious"...
    It's a great weight loss plan too. My GF lost 2 stone in one week with this.

The trade off is what money you save on food you spend on bog roll. And it's not very environmentally friendly with all that toilet flushing...
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 28-10-20 at 09:44. Reason: Typo

I often catch a cold over the winter my worry is once I catch a cold it may be COVID as cold/flu seems to be classed as covid now?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I often catch a cold over the winter my worry is once I catch a cold it may be COVID as cold/flu seems to be classed as covid now?
    This should be good.

So go on, where is it classed as Covid now?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Phil, colds and flu are not classed as covid. They are different viruses, its like saying lions are now classed as tigers. The symptoms of influenza and the coronaviruses that cause the common cold are similar to covid even though covid seems to have more variety.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information