Thread: Pharmacy messed up, so annoyed right now

Pharmacy messed up, so annoyed right now

So I’ve been on a combination of 45mg mirtazapine, 337.5mg venlafaxine and 300mg quetiapine for a few months now and was really starting to feel like my old self these last couple of months. It’s been a long time coming, way longer than I’ve ever experienced before but finally getting there.

I’m taking 2 x 150 and a 37.5mg tablet each day of ven...or so I thought until I just noticed my latest 37.5mg prescription packaging. The label on the box says 37.5 but the contents are 75mg. I literally only just noticed this and have been taking a higher dose for nearly two weeks now without realising. I was wondering why I was feeling a bit more agitated and have noticed I’ve been ruminating again.

I feel so angry that the pharmacy have effed up my progress by not checking my prescription. I went over there to point out their mistake, got an apology and the correct tablets but I’m now worried whether I should just carry on with the higher dose or drop back....will 2 weeks on a higher dose cause withdrawal if I cut back again?

Just as well I don’t have a serious heart condition, diabetes or something, a mistake like that could have caused a serious problem 😡

Re: Pharmacy messed up, so annoyed right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    will 2 weeks on a higher dose cause withdrawal if I cut back again?
    In terms of chemistry, probably not, but anxious minds are capable of using such events to run riot if given half a chance so try and put this behind you, Jo.

Just as well I don’t have a serious heart condition, diabetes or something, a mistake like that could have caused a serious problem 😡
    Indeed.

Hi Jo,
    Glad to hear your feeling better but i'm shocked that the pharmacy could make such a mistake obviously they didn't check the box contents. Still, good job you found out so you can get back to normal dose and keep getting better.

Take care

Me too!! Several times, so always check!

Thread Information