Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiraling again!! Please help

Spiraling again!! Please help

I'm 55 and have always had very heavy periods with lots of clots but they started changing at the beginning of 2020. They would last forever. I thought I was dying. My last period was at the end of July so I thought I've entered into menopause, Great! But lately, I've been having a lot of lower back pain and now yesterday I started to have cramping pain in the pelvic area mostly on my right side. Now I woke up to light bleeding or spotting. It's mostly light red/pink. I'm freaking out!! Is this a period or is this something more serious? my first worry is Cancer I'm also terrified of seeing doctors. haven't been in years.
    I've always had lower back pains and pelvic pain mostly on my right side on and off for years too but it always came and went so I never worried about it until now. So scared

Re: Spiraling again!! Please help

I made the mistake of asking Dr. Google what light pink discharge/period would be and it scared me. So now I don't know if it's ovarian, cervical or uterine cancer. I guess if I didn't have any lower back and pelvic pain I wouldn't be as worried but those 3 symptoms together are scaring me. I'm at the age of getting cancer and it's scaring me so bad I can't think straight

I think based on your age it’s very likely menopausal, however - If it were me, I’d go for an exam just to get checked out. I understand the doctor fear, have it myself. But it truly is a good idea to get looked at especially if you haven’t had a female exam in many years. Just my two cents!

I'd get checked out, I know you're scared, but uterine cancer is highly curable. Is the light pink very watery?

55 is bang on menopausal territory and this is the most likely culprit. Periods and regularity etc go out the window. However, women should always get this kind of stuff checked out. It's common sense. X

Here I go again... help

I've always had very heavy periods. My last period was in July.
    I'm having lots of lower back pain and mild period cramps but I'm only spotting now for 2 days. I've never had this before. Has anyone else had this??
    I made the mistake and googled and it said CANCER Cervical or uterus?? I guess it doesn't really matter they're both cancer

Re: Here I go again... help

I posted on your previous thread. Are you going to contact your doctor? Since you said it had been some time (many years) since you’ve been, it would be a good idea to go get checked out. That being said, due to your age, it’s likely you could be in that menopausal range. However, you should let the doctor make that determination.

thanks for your reply Glassgirlw

I most likely will not be going to the drs anytime soon. I'm absolutely terrified of them. I use to go all the time and every year but after the birth of my last daughter 16 years ago I just stopped. I was terrified that they would tell me I had cancer. I was so scared of leaving my kids with no mother. I've been married for 31 years not really sexually active anymore so I stopped going for my pap smears after my daughter. NOw i'm scared I f%#* up and now have cervical cancer or some other reproductive cancer. So now its too late. It's been growing in me for 16 years And being menopausal is so not helping things All my symptoms all lead to cancer. I've diagnosed myself with colon, anal,cervical,ovarian and uterine cancer just this month alone. And now with the bleeding I'm convinced

So, with all due respect, you're too scared to go to the doctor and previous attempts at reassurance have been short lived. What do you expect people on an anxiety forum to do to help?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I understand your fear. Unfortunately no one on here is going to be able to give you medical advice. Truly, the best thing you can do to ensure you’re still here for a long time with your family, is to find a good gyn and get checked out. The odds are astronomically in your favor that this is menopause. But - if you want to make sure you’re here for a good long while with your children, isn’t that the best motivation to find the courage to go get checked out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information