Thread: Not sure what is “normal” anymore

Not sure what is “normal” anymore

Hey!

I’m a 24F, for the past couple of months I have had real anxiety over my heart and what it should / shouldn’t be doing.

My main symptoms are a pounding heart and the occasional skipped beat.

I experience the pounding heart during almost any activity, whether it be going from sitting to standing or after a walk etc.

My big mistake was Googling symptoms which has led me into a wormhole of anxiety (I know that’s what normally happens, I don’t google anymore, I’ve learnt my lesson lol) however now I’ve lost sight of what is normal for a heart to be doing.

So my concern is, should my heart be “pounding” when doing activity? Or shouldn’t I be able to feel it beating....

Also, I’m awaiting a 24 hr monitor to make sure everything is in check, but that doesn’t help ease my anxiety lol.

Re: Not sure what is “normal” anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Codenamechick View Post
    Hey!

I’m a 24F, for the past couple of months I have had real anxiety over my heart and what it should / shouldn’t be doing.

I experience the pounding heart during almost any activity, whether it be going from sitting to standing or after a walk etc.

My big mistake was Googling symptoms which has led me into a wormhole of anxiety (I know that’s what normally happens, I don’t google anymore, I’ve learnt my lesson lol) however now I’ve lost sight of what is normal for a heart to be doing.

So my concern is, should my heart be “pounding” when doing activity? Or shouldn’t I be able to feel it beating....

Also, I’m awaiting a 24 hr monitor to make sure everything is in check, but that doesn’t help ease my anxiety lol.
    I have had a lot of issues lately concerning my heart quite similar to you, pounding palpitations, l had a heart monitor last month all good nothing to concern them about but now l have high blood pressure which is caused by myself overthinking , so l guess what I'm trying to say is you be fine your young I'm much older than you,

And if you constantly focusing on it it will hang around, it's the adrenaline in our bodies we are constantly trying fight it instead of relaxing and going with the symptoms of anxiety once you accept its anxiety and nothing sinister your half way there try and relax easier said than done but you can do it take care xx

Hey!

It's common sense to get heart symptoms checked out if they are new for you...

However, this sounds like anxiety to me, and being anxious you will be hypersensitive to the beating of your heart, inc those skips that most people get..

I have anxiety and my heart pounds when I'm sitting down, standing up or doing cartwheels (I don't do cartwheels) but you get my drift?

When you get the all clear from your test (which I expect you will) then you need to look at your lifestyle and your stress levels to see how many stimulants you are putting into your body and brain.

The heart is meant to beat fast. Imagine not being able to shift when your fight or flight needs you to? It's not so much the speed of your ticker as what the electrics are doing. My heart has been racing for years but it's doing what it should, when it should - just really fast, and I haven't dropped down dead yet.

Thank you for your reply, it is very helpful I’ve never really noticed any of my physical bodily symptoms in the past until I had my first panic attack back in feb and now I’ve just been a mess, it is definitely more focused around my heart and what it is / isn’t doing and feel like I’ve kind of forgot what is normal for it to do, only since I googled my symptoms of course, lol. X

I’ve kind of forgot what is normal for it to do, only since I googled my symptoms of course, lol. X
    Naughty! X

Thread Information