Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Politics UK

Re: Politics UK

GB now worlds 5th largest economy.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...utpace-france/

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    That's a hard-right site though, so I personally would be a bit dubious about those claims, especially as we still aren't even beyond 1/1/21!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's a hard-right site though, so I personally would be a bit dubious about those claims, especially as we still aren't even beyond 1/1/21!
    Look at who they are quoting. Its a forecast by a group of economists.

The UK slipped from 5th to 6th this year. We've been stagnating for nearly 5 years due to Brexit and the lack of clarity to business by politicians trying to block leaving the UK so it's no wonder.

Whether we will overtake India is another matter but as long as we get back on track...

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yes, that's how N got brainwashed

Breitbart. Much loved by those on the Right living in a permanent state of victimhood - and I would trust its output as much as I would trust the output of its political opposites like The Canary and Skwawkbox here in the UK.

As in, not one bleedin' iota.

Well Boris doesn't even seem to have batted an eyelid over the song currently at number 5 in the singles chart that calls him a combo of both the F and C-bombs. Although I kind of agree with the basic sentiment from a 'protest' perspective, I do think it's rather a sad reflection on our 'anything goes' attitudes, especially in terms of extreme profanities in titles of pop songs, despite me not being a prude per se, but songs calling past leaders such names would have been banned instantly, and surely Boris should be leading by example here, rather than seemingly tolerating it.

And I don't necessarily think it's just those on the left who are endorsing it, it's probably also the Farageites and their ilk.

Well we might just as well go the whole hog and allow full-on smoking on TV again as well. After all, some children's dramas such as Grange Hill, Byker Grove, Children's Ward, etc still had scenes of people smoking (and underage drinking) well into the 90s and we Gen X'ers turned out fine!!

(The latter paragraph said in jest BTW).

So what's the latest with Boris? I've been reading lately that he may be a short lived PM. And let me ask - what are the best British news outlets? Some of the more well known seem a little entrenched with the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    So what's the latest with Boris? I've been reading lately that he may be a short lived PM. And let me ask - what are the best British news outlets? Some of the more well known seem a little entrenched with the left.
    Well, some of us are hoping he'll be gone but the flip side of that coin is someone even more useless will follow - his cabinet was chosen entirely on loyalty to him and little else, whilst others are scheming little turds (like Gove).

News outlets? The BBC upsets everybody, right and left so it's probably doing something right - but given your political leanings you'd be looking at paywalled sites like the Times and the Telegraph. There is a Breitbart UK of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, some of us are hoping he'll be gone but the flip side of that coin is someone even more useless will follow - his cabinet was chosen entirely on loyalty to him and little else, whilst others are scheming little turds (like Gove).

News outlets? The BBC upsets everybody, right and left so it's probably doing something right - but given your political leanings you'd be looking at paywalled sites like the Times and the Telegraph. There is a Breitbart UK of course.
    Hopefully the current events across the pond might eventually inspire many Labour and Lib Dem MPs to put their feet down and try a bit harder over the coming months/years, and come up with more coherent plans, which sadly up until now they seemed to have been lacking, especially in terms of tackling misinformation/fake news, but then again, there seems to have been a seemingly endless cloud of despondency hanging over them for the past few years with them probably thinking 'what's the point' when opinion is so blatantly rigged against them by the media in particular, especially with Corbyn endlessly portrayed as a 'bogeyman', and Keir now no doubt having to take the rap for a lot of it, plus whatever Blair and Brown did wrong back in the 2000s.

Also I hope Biden and Co. now having officially assumed office in probably the world's most influential nation (dare I say it) might hopefully encourage many politically complacent and blasé Brits to finally crawl out from under their rocks in due course, and take a good, hard look at the real issues around them that really do matter, rather than persistently worshipping the Mr. Nobodies of this world on social media, and their endless BS propaganda!

Thanks for the info, Pamplemousse. Yes Breitbart UK I'm aware of. Really? The Times? I wonder if they're like the WSJ? Which to me isn't what I'd call conservative. But I'll take a look.

Don't you think every administration tries to surround themselves with loyalists? I mean it kinda makes sense no?

Didn't Boris get the Brexit deal done?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information