Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics UK

Politics UK

Since US politics is kinda boring ATM I thought I'd fire up this thread...see if it gets any ground.

Apparently the lefties in the US aren't the only ones weaponizing the racism charge.

What's going on with Jeremy Corbin?

Something I thought I'd never see.

https://www.nysun.com/editorials/day...h-labor/91319/
    Last edited by Noivous; 30-10-20 at 16:50.

Re: Politics UK

Corbyn is a terrorist sympathising anti Semitic little weasel. How he got into a position of people deciding whether or not he ran this country is a source of constant amazement. His appearance at Glastonbury a few years back was on a par with Biden being interviewed by Cardi “occurrrttt” B. Just reeks of an arrogance and thinking stupid shit like that will appeal to even more stupid people.

I hate the whole idea of “left vs right” myself, I prefer to form judgements on the contents of a package rather than the label, but if we’re having to call it out I’m afraid that the so called “left” appear to find it hard to win an election based on policy. It seems to fall down to slapping labels on folk and appealing to the lowest common denominator.

But you know, me personally, I think the worst thing in UK politics are the cult known as the SNP. I don’t think they’re left or right, I just think they’re anti English.

Very interesting stuff Gary. I've been asking rhetorically for a long time why don't the Dems use ideas as fuel to get people to vote for them instead of using hatred as the fuel to get people to vote for them? The answer is this... their ideas do not sell to most people. Putting two trillion dollars into the weather is a loser at the polls. So they gain their support through unjustified vilification, which is much easier to do in the age of the cyberspace technology.

But I digress, back to Politics UK. I didn't know that about Corbin. How did this man come to lead the libs? I'm thinking an opportunist maybe?

SNP... I'll check that out.

LOL. N, is this your new thread to take digs at Democrats so you won't have to argue with me and FMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    SNP... I'll check that out.
    I don’t know that there’s anyone I can compare them to in US politics, all I can say is that they’re an insufferable bunch of absolute whiners who are hellbent on breaking up the United Kingdom at any cost.

We had a referendum in 2014 and the Scottish people, myself included, voted 55% in favour of remaining in the UK. Since then, they have become professional agitators blaming all and sundry on the UK government but taking credit for any positives.

They cannot let it go, and to make matters worse we now have a bunch of wide eyed hysterical know nothings who love nothing more than roaming the streets of Scotland screeching for another go at their beloved separatism.

It is no exaggeration when I say that I hate them, and I hate them with a passion. I have English relatives who all think that we in Scotland are all like these dribbling morons. It’s embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    I didn't know that about Corbin. How did this man come to lead the libs? I'm thinking an opportunist maybe?
    You’ll need to ask someone who voted labour. I don’t, I never have, and unless they swiftly change their policies and stop pandering to the lazy and the freeloading, I never will.

I sound like a complete right winger here but I can assure you I’m not. I think man made global warming is real, I’m not religious, I’m an advocate for legalising marijuana and I’m not a nationalist by any means. I guess I just don’t like the damage I witnessed to this country carried out by years of a labour government. They bred the benefits culture, to the point that folk see having another child as basically a wage rise. A culture where folk earned more by sitting on their ar*e having kids than actually going out and doing an honest days work.

You’ve got me started here N.

N, worth noting not all Jewish big hats agreed on this. There was a very dirty power struggle going on which twisted things as well.

I think Corbyn had the same problem Trump had with white supremacists. They used certain groups to get them into power so they are sheepish about turning on them. In Corbyn's case this allowed them to become emboldened. They thought they could get away with it just as post Brexit referendum we had the racists coming out conflating a Leave win with their views.

Corbyn was weak. He's a career backbencher and put up by the backers as a tool to allow the next leader come in. They failed. Their own previous leadership (Ed Milliband) created the farce by relaxing the joining rules.

Now Labour is fighting the same old battle under Starmer. Let's not forget he was one of his right hand men, and the architect of their failed Brexit policy or lack of it, and did nothing. But he's a lawyer so I would expect him to ride the political wave into more money whether he believes in anything or not. This guy spends his time saying "that was then, now let's move on" to distance himself from the dirt. But voters will remember.

Labour will never win whilst they spend more time infighting and forgetting their 'huge' membership is a drop in the ocean compared to voters. They will never win whilst they remain metropolitan Labour. There is a massive divide between metropolitan and traditional voters.

Right now I can only see them getting in if the Tories really stuff it up. Covid is one factor (Let's face it though Corbyn would have been bad too) but Brexit might be the real nail in the coffin. A lot of people are watching and the kind of nonsense the EU are trying is only hardening views. If Boris gives it all away Farage will ride the wave back into politics. The Tories could still survive by sacking Boris, I believe, because voters will still be wondering about how bad Labour are and that Starmer (and his front bench) all want be into the EU. How can we trust them after all they tried to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I don’t know that there’s anyone I can compare them to in US politics, all I can say is that they’re an insufferable bunch of absolute whiners who are hellbent on breaking up the United Kingdom at any cost.

We had a referendum in 2014 and the Scottish people, myself included, voted 55% in favour of remaining in the UK. Since then, they have become professional agitators blaming all and sundry on the UK government but taking credit for any positives.

They cannot let it go, and to make matters worse we now have a bunch of wide eyed hysterical know nothings who love nothing more than roaming the streets of Scotland screeching for another go at their beloved separatism.

It is no exaggeration when I say that I hate them, and I hate them with a passion. I have English relatives who all think that we in Scotland are all like these dribbling morons. It’s embarrassing.

Wow, Gary. I've never seen this side of you.

You know when I was in the UK, I heard a lot of jokes about the Welsh. I also went through Bristol and then onto Cardiff. I kinda have the feeling the English think they are better than any of their neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    LOL. N, is this your new thread to take digs at Democrats so you won't have to argue with me and FMP?
    Get over yourself.

that's FMPs game not mine... BTW he hasn't spoken to me in a couple of years probably lol!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information