Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Politics UK

Re: Politics UK

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Hopefully the current events across the pond might eventually inspire many Labour and Lib Dem MPs to put their feet down and try a bit harder over the coming months/years, and come up with more coherent plans, which sadly up until now they seemed to have been lacking, especially in terms of tackling misinformation/fake news, but then again, there seems to have been a seemingly endless cloud of despondency hanging over them for the past few years with them probably thinking 'what's the point' when opinion is so blatantly rigged against them by the media in particular, especially with Corbyn endlessly portrayed as a 'bogeyman', and Keir now no doubt having to take the rap for a lot of it, plus whatever Blair and Brown did wrong back in the 2000s.

Also I hope Biden and Co. now having officially assumed office in probably the world's most influential nation (dare I say it) might hopefully encourage many politically complacent and blasé Brits to finally crawl out from under their rocks in due course, and take a good, hard look at the real issues around them that really do matter, rather than persistently worshipping the Mr. Nobodies of this world on social media, and their endless BS propaganda!
    Starmer should rightly be held to account for his part in Labour's massive failure he was a key player and his failed Brexit policy was the big reason they lost. He also looked the other way on Antisemitism.

I think he has a lot of ground to gain yet. I was impressed by his stance on letting Brexit pass and his later willingness to pass the deal. However his front bench are undermining this by reminding everyone they oppose Brexit. Fight for the right relationship with the EU but the in/out question is long over. Have you noticed Blair taking the same approach?

This was not media, it was about Labour forgetting a minority group of members won't get them into power if their views oppose the larger public. Although it's only right the leadership back the members or why should they pay? But that's the price of having those members. Starmer looks to be aiming at leaving the members behind, he knows he won't win without voters.

I can't see the Lib Dems being much of anything for some time. Labour can be a good opposition alone but they have work to do in Scotland where they are not really needed anymore due to devolution (oops).

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Thanks for the info, Pamplemousse. Yes Breitbart UK I'm aware of. Really? The Times? I wonder if they're like the WSJ? Which to me isn't what I'd call conservative. But I'll take a look.

Don't you think every administration tries to surround themselves with loyalists? I mean it kinda makes sense no?

Didn't Boris get the Brexit deal done?
    Well, the opposition also have. May did before. S8nce politics is all cronyism why wouldn't they?

Time will tell on Brexit. I'm not sure, not had time to digest it all with things changing at home. What is interesting though is that even though it looks far from perfect the more hardline Brexit politicians are behind it e.g. Farage, ERG, people like Bill Cash (his constituency is near me, actually), etc.

Surprised you weren't given The Express. More Breirbart country I would have thought. I would agree with Pamplemousse that the BBC are a good middle, but there are bias problems, compared to the left leaning Guardian, Independent types and those mentioned above to the right.

Although you might appreciate left leaning Brits, N. The further left the more anti US sentiment so they will be sticking it to Biden soon enough over immigration, Middle East, etc. Protests against the US predate Trump

Terry! you are so right my man...it's only a matter of time till the left starts to hammer Uncle Joe. And they won't only be from the UK. Most will be here in the States. I'm just sittin back waiting for the show to start. I started a pool in work. The "How Long Will Joe Last Pool" $20 per square. The closest participant wins.

So let me ask you - how many political parties are there in GB? Here we basically have only two. Pulisa joked about me joining the Patriot Party but maybe we do need more parties. Many here call the Dems and the GOP the Uniparty now - I believe that is largely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Terry! you are so right my man...it's only a matter of time till the left starts to hammer Uncle Joe. And they won't only be from the UK. Most will be here in the States. I'm just sittin back waiting for the show to start. I started a pool in work. The "How Long Will Joe Last Pool" $20 per square. The closest participant wins.

So let me ask you - how many political parties are there in GB? Here we basically have only two. Pulisa joked about me joining the Patriot Party but maybe we do need more parties. Many here call the Dems and the GOP the Uniparty now - I believe that is largely true.

My G-d...there may be hope for you yet, N. Congrats on your rational thought!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    My G-d...there may be hope for you yet, N. Congrats on your rational thought!
    High praise indeed for us down in the cheap seats.

Hope springs eternal friend.

Do how long do you give Jobama?

I'm planning for the worst, hoping for the best, as usual.

Hey! I think I just said that!
    Great minds!

Just read that Kenneth Branagh is going to play Boris Johnson in a 'gripping' drama about the COVID crisis? (apologies if this has already been mentioned)

Not entirely sure this is in the best of taste given that we're still in the middle of said crisis?

However, the hairdresser not be required with Mr Branagh on this one!

"Just don't comb your hair when you wake up Mr Branagh. Be fine."

Or, they could use the Spitting Image 'Boris' wig? Cracks me up that does!

I think Trump should be in the movie too... I mean because of the hair!😁

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Just read that Kenneth Branagh is going to play Boris Johnson in a 'gripping' drama about the COVID crisis? (apologies if this has already been mentioned)

Not entirely sure this is in the best of taste given that we're still in the middle of said crisis?

However, the hairdresser not be required with Mr Branagh on this one!

"Just don't comb your hair when you wake up Mr Branagh. Be fine."

Or, they could use the Spitting Image 'Boris' wig? Cracks me up that does!

Just so long as Joe Wicks doesn't want a cameo...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information