Thread: Gland under jaw below ear swelling and painful when eating

Gland under jaw below ear swelling and painful when eating

HA has absolutely sky rocketed today. Everytime I have eaten today a gland top of my jaw just below my ear has swollen and become sore but passes after a while and goes if I massage the area and goes to normal size and painless, my jaw also feels a bit sore when pressed.

A slight discomfort started last night, I have a mouth ulcer and when using the mouthwash to help it instead of swishing it round my mouth I was holding it oneside of my mouth puffing my cheek out.

Now today the top of my jaw has been sore and when eating a gland gets bigger and feels sore. Google says it could be a tumour. I also feel a bit run down, tired and headache. Has anyone else had this?

Re: Gland under jaw below ear swelling and painful when eating

I have the exact same issue when I get an infection in an old tooth that got taken out. It’s nothing to worry about it will pass my friend. The fact that the glad is raised and sore means it’s fighting the infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Bellic View Post
    I have the exact same issue when I get an infection in an old tooth that got taken out. It’s nothing to worry about it will pass my friend. The fact that the glad is raised and sore means it’s fighting the infection.
    Thank you for the reply.

Do you have any tips on how to treat it or did you just let it pass?

I have also just googled the mouthwash side effects and it says it has caused some people infection of the gland I am speaking about

So I think I have found the culprit, I have been using a mouthwash corsodyl and a side effect is swelling of the salivary glands due to chlorhexidine which is one of the main ingrediants. Has anyone had this reaction before? Really worried I have done some bad damage using this mouthwash

You probably just irritated it see how it is in a few days, if it's no better get it checked I'm sure you be okay and stop googling doctor Google isn't anxieties friend take care xx

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunRyder View Post
    gland gets bigger and feels sore. Google says it could be a tumour. Has anyone else had this?
    My oldest son had a salivary gland tumor, it was never sore and did not change size.

hi ShaunRyder

My OH is a dentist, and says it best not to use corsodyl daily, its too strong and can discolour your teeth (I'm not talking about corsodyl daily). He recommends colgate fluoriguard (hope its alright for me to post that)

Inanna xx

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    My OH is a dentist, and says it best not to use corsodyl daily, its too strong
    I used Corsodyl when my gums were bleeding due to plaque build up. Evil stuff! Couldn't taste a thing for hours afterwards. Sorted my gums out though - as did switching to an electric brush.

Thread Information