Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dense breasts

Dense breasts

Hi all I haven't been on here ages just need some help as I'm going mad and worried sick xx
    I have always for about 15 years had a achy left boob.. I have seen others say exactly how mine feel. I'm now postmenopausal no period 3 years but still have night sweats Virginal dryness all that
    I've had 2 mammograms now over the years and the last was Feb 2019 and a ultra sound too... Came up all ok said nothing to worry about
    As I worry I decided to go back see a doctor Thursday and she felt breasts and said no lumps but on the last mammogram said slight dence and she can feel so I've got to go for a mammogram I'm worried sick have anyone else got dense breasts? Xx

Re: Dense breasts

Hi pd I was just reading your post from few years ago... Knowing someone makes me feel better thanks do yiu have senitive breasts?
    Like I said my last mammogram was Feb last year they didn't even mention it it was only when the doctors said Thursday morning but waiting now for another mamogram.. Only went in as by boob senitive 🙄 wouldn't have known.. I hope lockdown don't stop appointment xx

Why did you delete

Quote Originally Posted by Katbax View Post
    Hi pd I was just reading your post from few years ago... Knowing someone makes me feel better thanks do yiu have senitive breasts?
    Like I said my last mammogram was Feb last year they didn't even mention it it was only when the doctors said Thursday morning but waiting now for another mamogram.. Only went in as by boob senitive  wouldn't have known.. I hope lockdown don't stop appointment xx
    I deleted as I wanted to explain abit more.
    A few years ago , I had a sensitive right breast, but that went eventually. I went to the breast clinic and had a mammogram and on the letter that was sent to my gp, it said I had dense breasts, but the dr at my appointment didn’t mention it. I think it’s very common and just means there’s more fibrous tissue, I think.
    i just have three yearly mammograms now as I’m over fifty.
    Pleas try not to worry, I’ve been fine and not had any problems x

OK thanks for that.. I'm nearly 53 so same.. I was just peed off as hospital didn't say I gather it can't be bad.. I'm just so scared but I haven't Ben asked to go back every 3 years 🤷*♀️ xx

Don't quite a few women have dense breasts? I don't think it's that unusual.....

Thanks Nicole I'd never heard of it xxx

I've read that if your small breasted you have more fibious tissue than fat... I have small but over 50

Nicole is right, 'dense breasts' are nothing of concern, its not a negative phrase and is quite normal and common. It is more common in younger women who haven't gone all fatless, ligament stretchy and saggy from wear and tear (for want of a better phrase lol) Dense tissue can make mammos more problematic and often ultrasound will be used as a tool if there are areas of concern.

OK thanks you just don't hear alot about it... I'm very small breasted mine will never sag lol that's probably why no fatty tissue I guess
    I've been postmenopausal 3/4 years now and still getting the hot flushes a bit but the night sweats can be horrible and the virgnal horrible bit.. my estrogen level must still be low xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information