Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wonder which will be the next 'dead' brand name to see a revival attempt?

I wonder which will be the next 'dead' brand name to see a revival attempt?

I have noticed a trend over the past decade or so of historical brand names that were once fairly common but were retired, either through the original companies going bust, merging or simply changing their name.

I wonder which might be the next old name to make a comeback?

This can be either shops or brand names of consumer products.

Re: I wonder which will be the next 'dead' brand name to see a revival attempt?

I dunno, but the recent Dempsey and Makepeace reruns on ForcesTV scratched an itch I didn't know I could still feel......

During COVID no company is making a comeback or a revival. It'd be like flogging a dead horse at the moment.

New York's real estate market has flipped on it's head. Potentially another Detroit if COVID doesn't go away time soon.

Woolworths has always been online since their store closures in the UK. Wilko's, B&M and poundstores took over. Wooly's used to do well for DVD's and CD's because there was rarely a HMV in local areas. But there was a Woolys. I'm not sure what gap they'd be filling if they were to come back to the highstreets, they'd be going head on with Wilko etc. which would crumble their business ... again. It'd be suicide.

Now is a great time for people to set up websites and stores online though. Shameless plug ... I'm a software developer ... hit me up if you got an idea and cash

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

My aunty was a supervisor in a Woolies somewhere in the Forest of Dean. Nobody dared nick the Pick 'n' Mix on her shift lol

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My aunty was a supervisor in a Woolies somewhere in the Forest of Dean. Nobody dared nick the Pick 'n' Mix on her shift lol
    OMG NoraB, thank you for rekindling that memory. As kids we always used to dive into the Pick 'n' Mix. I was a little monster in my younger years, me and school friends would head straight for the pen section to put some pens up our sleeve for school. The life of a poor kid.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    OMG NoraB, thank you for rekindling that memory. As kids we always used to dive into the Pick 'n' Mix. I was a little monster in my younger years, me and school friends would head straight for the pen section to put some pens up our sleeve for school. The life of a poor kid.
    One of my kids shoved their hands into the Pick 'n' Mix once and took a big handful thinking they were up for grabs. I was like, 'Noooooooooo you have to pay for them!'

Another one of my offspring wanted to work on the checkouts at Tesco when they left school because they thought that they took all that money home with them. Another dream crushed by Mother.

I always have a “free lunch” at woolies I start in the deli and then fruit and veg
    You gotta try before you buy

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I always have a “free lunch” at woolies I start in the deli and then fruit and veg
    You gotta try before you buy
    Yeah, but you don't know whose fingers have been in there do ya? For this reason, I always give the nuts a miss in pubs.

Only mine Noraand they haven’t touched my flaps lol. I avoid the nuts at pubs the human variety

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Only mine Noraand they haven’t touched my flaps lol. I avoid the nuts at pubs the human variety
    I love your sense of humour - it's very me lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information