[QUOTE=flumpkin;1984928] Is that call with a consultant that can hopefully refer you for some kind of scan? It really isn't the time to be ill or need tests is it ...[QUOTE]

I have my script ready - have to do this for phone calls. If the person I speak to dares to fob me off without at least an abdo MRI - which could prove/disprove a tear in the muscle - I will lose the plot.

Thanks this makes sense and your situation sounds a bit like me too (although I have no gastro issues)
My gastro issues could be nothing to do with the abdo pain. All I know is that I've been constipated for years, and now I aint. Except that it's only once a day, and I'm not losing weight, but I can't put any on either, and I haven't exercised since this pain started last September. Before that - I went from 10 stone to 9 stone 4 lbs by doing my physio...

Then again, I've been banging in the veg and Dairymilk - and I have a sneaky suspicion that my colon not likey.

I did move my daughter into uni and pain started a few days after. Lots of carrying bags up to her room and some heavy shopping from car to her halls. Didn't have any issues at time though apart from me moaning they were heavy and stopping to put them down several times on route. Maybe delayed muscle strain that is taking AGES to resolve?
That would do it alright. I was poncing about doing oblique exercises (after 9 years of doing nothing) when my pain started. Weak muscles will tear more easily. Depending on the injury - torn muscles can take 6 months plus to repair! Abdo even more so because it's our core strength and we literally use our tummy muscles to do almost everything - so stretching up for something aggravates it, you get me?

Hope you get somewhere with appt on Sun
Me too mate. Watch this space. Nora might need some TLC on Sunday if phone convo goes tits up. X

l