Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Abdominal and back pain

Re: Abdominal and back pain

Quote Originally Posted by flumpkin View Post
    Thanks Matt, I think it may be causing some issues potentially the trapped wind episodes at least and a low fat diet is probably a good idea anyway.
    Been in a kind of similar position to you. The thing is, if you do have a gallstone stuck in your gallbladder neck it can be removed via ERCP. If it's left, you could lose your gallbladder and yes, of course all your symptoms may not be anything to do with it, but a pesky little gallbladder can cause many issues in your digestive system. Push for answers Flumpkin

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    No MRI. Bloke wanted to shove a cam down my throat and test me for coeliac - which I thought I'd already been tested for a few months ago. He wanted to cancel my @rse cam for the endo but I don't want an endo unless absolutely required. But, he thinks this is an MSK/IBS combo given how movement affects pain. I'm still having @rse cam. It's a good idea with my changes in IBS and the colon cleanse might help to reset my bowels - plus, that sedation.

If he finds nothing amiss (which I'm expecting) then I'm presuming he'll move me onto MSK and then I'll get an MRI..
    Just need to follow through the process then, ruling things out. Must admit never had endo but not something I fancy having! Have you a date for your @rse cam?

I don't think gallstone pain would be felt in the lower quadrant but they scanned your abdomen (and pelvis?) and found nothing so I don't think you've anything to worry about flump. Didn't you say you've had this before a few years ago and nothing was found? Same for me too, only lower than where my pain is now (pelvis area) - and they found nothing wrong. You haven't had any operations on your abdomen have you? Laparotomies' anything like that?
    Yep scanned abdomen and then had internal scan checking womb and ovaries. Radiographer said looked at spleen, kidneys, pancreas, liver and gallbladder with the external ultrasound. She definitely said womb and ovaries looked ok and only mentioned gallstone on the external scan. I am pretty sure I asked if everything was ok and she said report was going to GP but there was a gallstone. Pesky HA makes you doubt yourself doesn't it?! (and wonder what she hasn't told me). I haven't had any operations but yes had an abdominal pain about 10 years ago which went after about 4 months (and a few weeks after a clear ultrasound). This pain is definitely higher up on the right side this time (but apparently not high enough) - occurs just under bra and down to hip and radiates to belly button and round to the back, previous pain was nearer hip and pelvis.

You know what it's like with HA - our minds go through all sorts of scenarios only to speak to a GP and find there was nothing to worry about. Just try to put it out of your mind and deal with it tomorrow. X
    Ain't that the truth!! I am pretty concerned and have the HA voice asking why she needs to see me face to face when first dr felt my abdomen (particularly given how hard it is to get appt at the min) but know I don't really know anything until I see her. The text asking me to make appt to get results also said make a routine appt, so fingers crossed. Hopefully she is just being thorough. Plus to be fair I still have this pain, it hasn't changed and it would be good to get rid of it and find the cause. I think.

love flump xx

Have you a date for your @rse cam?
    Not yet, but my sphincter will snap shut faster than a Venus fly-trap the moment the letter comes through. It remembers.

I haven't had any operations but yes had an abdominal pain about 10 years ago which went after about 4 months (and a few weeks after a clear ultrasound). This pain is definitely higher up on the right side this time (but apparently not high enough) - occurs just under bra and down to hip and radiates to belly button and round to the back, previous pain was nearer hip and pelvis.
    Whenever doctors ask me if I've had any ops on my abdomen etc, I always say no, despite the fact I've had 2 laparotomies and a C section!

Hopefully she is just being thorough. Plus to be fair I still have this pain, it hasn't changed and it would be good to get rid of it and find the cause. I think.
    Honestly Flump, if I had a pound for every time I've got my knickers in a twist about being summoned to my GP to 'discuss' test results to have them say, 'Yeah, there's nowt wrong.' - I'd be a millionaire!

I want to find the cause for my pain so that I can get rid of it. For all I know, I could be making the issue worse by something I'm doing or not doing. Meanwhile, Nora is epically fed up! X

Not yet, but my sphincter will snap shut faster than a Venus fly-trap the moment the letter comes through. It remembers.
    Brilliant! you do make me laugh

Whenever doctors ask me if I've had any ops on my abdomen etc, I always say no, despite the fact I've had 2 laparotomies and a C section!
    See above

Honestly Flump, if I had a pound for every time I've got my knickers in a twist about being summoned to my GP to 'discuss' test results to have them say, 'Yeah, there's nowt wrong.' - I'd be a millionaire!
    Yeah, just tricksy HA trying to wheedle its way back in! In fact just back from Drs and she wanted to examine abdomen herself as the lower pain makes no sense with the ultrasound results. She was lovely. I mentioned the trapped wind episodes and she says that is definitely gallstone and is referring me to a surgeon to see about removal. The pain under rib and round back matches this and so thinks likely will need gallbladder removing. The fact I had never mentioned the trapped wind despite it being quite severe at times was why she was erring away from gallbladder. To be honest having HA I think it is only unexplained symptoms that send me into a tizz and the fact there was OTC stuff to treat it, I assumed was just normal for some people so didn't go to doctors seeking any reassurance. Need to realise doctors are not just there to tell me I won't die (we have had this conversation and I am starting to accept I will along with everyone else!) She is still confused by the lower pain near hip and into pelvis but says ultrasound was fine in that area. She says could be referred pain, unusual but possible and that she thinks only way to tell is remove the gallbladder and see if it goes. In meantime I think less alcohol (only odd glass at weekend) and lower fat is all I can do for now. Plus keep the gentle exercise. Not thrilled about surgery but will be nice to stop these episodes and the pain.

I want to find the cause for my pain so that I can get rid of it. For all I know, I could be making the issue worse by something I'm doing or not doing. Meanwhile, Nora is epically fed up! X
    I totally get that, our pain started around same time and mine is not keeping me awake! I really hope you get answers soon mate.

love flump xx

Not thrilled about surgery but will be nice to stop these episodes and the pain.
    I'm pleased that you have an answer for the pain though Flump. The pelvic pain? You may never have an answer for it. That's been the case with me numerous times... X

Pelvic floor muscle dysfunction is responsible for many types of pelvic pain...especially when you have an anxiety disorder. Completely benign though.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Pelvic floor muscle dysfunction is responsible for many types of pelvic pain...especially when you have an anxiety disorder. Completely benign though.
    I had a pelvic issue last year. Not my usual pelvic pain type of thing though. Turned out to be ;minor' inflammation which an MRI showed up but that inflammation affected a large area because of the nerves down there - inc pudendal nerve - which is why I think I had all those issues. It felt like there were tennis balls in my buttocks, up me bum and inside my fadge. I literally couldn't straighten up and had to use a walking stick for a few months. The only relief I got was when I was lying down! Horrible!! This is what you get for spending too much time sat on your @rse when you have fibro!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information