Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mammogram

Re: Mammogram

Thank you both for the reply. , Carey’s I have reread what you said and this is very true. Nicole I feel for you, it’s just vile the anxiety. Can’t seem to focus on anything, work , tv, reading or sleeping. What do you both do to help your anxiety?

In all honesty Winnie, you just have to get on with things, push yourself and carry on rather than wallow about. Distract as best you can, because I tell you this, you could be 2 weeks of absolute misery more than likely for absolutely nothing. Its not easy (I have them yearly too, now on Year 5) and fear stays in your head whilst waiting for that letter, but literally no amount of frantic worrying is going to change a thing. So, I remind myself of that - what will be will be. I've chosen to have this test, and now I need to cross my fingers and hope, BUT if there is something found I will deal with it and be thankful it was found early. Part of my reaction is that I have found that 'resignation' to either positive or negative outcome is less painful that tying my head in knots about the 'what ifs', and part is that I know that it will be treated even IF. You need to get a measure of control by losing your fear.

I know, I keep telling myself that, just wish my stomach would stop churning.

Winnie, wondering if there was any outcome to this thread ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information