Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Large clot during period

Re: Large clot during period

Quote Originally Posted by feelthelove View Post
    I'm an expert on this subject . All through my adult life I suffered with serious period pains and blood clots . Menopause was a little bit worse than normal cycle.
    Normal cycle for was terrible pain to the point of doubling over , and every month I would be very heavy blood loss and always had blood clots including stringy blood coming out.
    During the premeopause the clots got much bigger to the point of looking like a large piece of liver , funnily enough I never worried one bit about this and I consider myself lucky to have completed the menopause by the age of 46 , it took ten years from start to finish .
    Blood clots hurt a lot because they are being contracted out and the bigger they are the more it hurts, well that's how I see it anyway.
    I hope this helps x
    Thanks so much for this. It really did help me. My HA is all over the place at the moment so everything and anything is setting it off.
    I haven't had any more clots since that one 2 days ago but I'm still bleeding and cramping slightly. This period is just a particularly weird one!
    Thanks again for taking the time to reply, it definitely helped to calm me down about it xx

It's probably due to stress. It causes periods to be messed up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Just looking for a little bit of reassurance :(
    I got my period christmas eve (great timing) so today is day 3.
    I took a shower a while ago and when I was in there I got a bad period pain (not too unusual for me on day 3) and then saw a large clot come out.
    I think this was the biggest clot I ever saw but then again I never saw one in the shower, it would usually be when I go to the toilet. So maybe it just looked bigger when it landed on the shower floor. It looked about the size of my 3 middle fingers if they were stretched out flat and stuck together (or almost as big as that), but it did start to break up almost as soon as I saw it.
    When I got out of the shower I had to sit down for about 10 minutes due to bad cramping, which I still have now half an hour later but not as bad.
    I'm just worried my clots are getting bigger. And my HA brain is trying to tell me something is wrong.
    And SnowyGreen's previous reply has kind of scared me.
    How large have any of your clots been?

Awww I didn't mean to scare you. I just don't like to brush everything under the anxiety umbrella, as huge clots were nothing to do with menopause, stress, anxiety for me, so it pays to see a doctor when something is out of the ordinary. But my clots were huge, way bigger than the ones you describe, and there was a lot of them, and I had flooding so bad, I would stand up and blood would come out like a tap, and then during the times this didn't happen, I always had a watery discharge, sometimes pink tinged. So you see, there are heaps of symptoms that go together. But the clots you describe, I had those too, years ago when everything was normal for me, so I really don't think you have anything to worry about x

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyGreen View Post
    Awww I didn't mean to scare you. I just don't like to brush everything under the anxiety umbrella, as huge clots were nothing to do with menopause, stress, anxiety for me, so it pays to see a doctor when something is out of the ordinary. But my clots were huge, way bigger than the ones you describe, and there was a lot of them, and I had flooding so bad, I would stand up and blood would come out like a tap, and then during the times this didn't happen, I always had a watery discharge, sometimes pink tinged. So you see, there are heaps of symptoms that go together. But the clots you describe, I had those too, years ago when everything was normal for me, so I really don't think you have anything to worry about x
    Thanks Snowy! I know you didn't mean to scare me, but it doesn't take much to set me off these days, my anxiety is so bad.
    That sounds truly awful what you went through and all those symptoms must have scared the crap out of you. But thankfully you've come out the other side of it.
    It can be so difficult at times to determine what is anxiety/over reacting and what is an actual symptom that requires a trip to the doctor. I think so many of us here suffer from it. There was definitely no doubt with your symptoms that it needed investigation. I know you went through a lot with it but I really really hope it's in the past and you've made a full recovery xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information