Thread: “Funny” feeling below knee and in arm

“Funny” feeling below knee and in arm

Hi. A few weeks ago I felt a funny feeling in my leg below my knee and my arm below my elbow, both right side. It’s not pins and needles, and it’s not sore. I’m not sure how to describe it. It’s like it’s colder than the other side? Anyway I’ve googled and MS is the only thing coming up. One of my grandparents has MS.
    The odd feeling went away, then came back last week for a day, and then last night I felt it again. It doesn’t stop me doing anything, I can still walk my dog for miles, and I only really notice it when I’m not doing anything. Now I’m freaking out that it’s the beginning of MS, has anybody else had something like this?

Re: “Funny” feeling below knee and in arm

MS isn't a hereditary disease in the true sense of the word. You do have a slightly higher risk of developing it because of your grandparent, but, there needs to be other factors too. Also, the risk is lessened the further away you go from your parents.

As a stand alone symptom, I wouldn't be concerned. I get stuff like this all the time, and I have fibromyalgia.

Re: “Funny” feeling below knee and in arm

Hey I have exact same can't quite put my finger on describing the feeling other than as if nerves are being pulled but localised areas strangely same places as you left knee left elbow but they do spread out in those areas and I do get pain on left side of outer thigh.
    I've had it exactly a year now had a few months break throughout summer but I'd say out of 7 days I usually get it about 3 days. I've had colder feelings as you describe over the years and have put down to anxiety.

Thread Information