Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Acid Reflux a symptom of Bowel cancer?

Re: Is Acid Reflux a symptom of Bowel cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedOlive View Post
    This morning my BM had a tiny piece which had the red colour and was full of peppers (sorry tmi!!) and the rest was a normal colour, which i presume was from yesterday’s food as I made sure not to eat red food yesterday. Would you say that’s adequate to confirm it was the tomato sauce causing it? I want to stop looking but also don’t want to miss something important that needs to be reported.
    You have to stop rooting through your poo mate!

Poo, wipe your bot-bot, courtesy glance as you flush, wash hands, and go.

What we ingest dictates the colour of our poo. You know this.

You most likely don't have cancer, but you do have a very unhealthy relationship with your faeces.

For what it's worth, I earned my poo-checking badge when I was unwell with HA. I used to shit on loo roll and lift it out of the toilet to inspect it up close. I had a special poo prodder (an old toothbrush) But once my brain re-engaged, I could see how utterly ridiculous it was.

My BIL has bowel cancer. And no, I won't tell you his symptoms because your HA mind will fixate on them and within a few hours you'll have those symptoms. What I will tell you is that his tumour was so large it blocked his colon. They got the entire tumour out (and some lymph nodes) and with a bit of chemo to tidy up any microscopic bits of cancer, he's going to be good to go.

Point is, even when this shit does get real - it's not the death sentence you imagine it to be!

When I went loco with HA, I used to stalk the cancer forums because it's what raging HAers do. Anyway, I came across an interesting bloke who was told to go home and put his affairs in order because he was riddled with cancer and he literally had weeks to live. Yeah? Well, up yours cancer, because the bloke lived for SEVEN YEARS and in that time - with the help of a few daily puffs on the happy fags - he and his good lady wife drove round America in their camper van!

If ya puff a lot on the happy fags you get the munchies and then you shit
    Constipation solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    If ya puff a lot on the happy fags you get the munchies and then you shit
    Constipation solved.
    I could do with the munchies right now...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    You have to stop rooting through your poo mate!

Poo, wipe your bot-bot, courtesy glance as you flush, wash hands, and go.

What we ingest dictates the colour of our poo. You know this.
    If I did that, do you think it would be easy to tell if there was an issue going on? There are thousands of people on forums saying they noticed blood in there poo but I don’t know how close they would have been looking to see it. I’m guessing most people don’t look right up close it on the TP.

For what it's worth, I earned my poo-checking badge when I was unwell with HA. I used to shit on loo roll and lift it out of the toilet to inspect it up close. I had a special poo prodder (an old toothbrush) But once my brain re-engaged, I could see how utterly ridiculous it was.
    How did you get over it? I get so scared to go to sleep at night because I always have to go at 4-5am when I wake up with extreme anxiety. I literally am terrified to look into the toilet in case I see blood and it means I’m dying.

My BIL has bowel cancer. And no, I won't tell you his symptoms because your HA mind will fixate on them and within a few hours you'll have those symptoms. What I will tell you is that his tumour was so large it blocked his colon. They got the entire tumour out (and some lymph nodes) and with a bit of chemo to tidy up any microscopic bits of cancer, he's going to be good to go.
    Sorry about your BIL, I hope he has a smooth recovery.

Something I’ve been meaning to ask, is indigestion and acid reflux the same thing? I have no stomach pains at all just a burning in the top of my throat sometimes and feel a little burpy.

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedOlive View Post
    If I did that, do you think it would be easy to tell if there was an issue going on? There are thousands of people on forums saying they noticed blood in there poo but I don’t know how close they would have been looking to see it. I’m guessing most people don’t look right up close it on the TP.
    Hubs had blood in his poo and it was obvious. The blood was in the loo even after he'd flushed. You know like when you have a period? (he didn't have BC)

How did you get over it? I get so scared to go to sleep at night because I always have to go at 4-5am when I wake up with extreme anxiety. I literally am terrified to look into the toilet in case I see blood and it means I’m dying.
    I got over it by accepting whatever life has in store for me. This happened the day before my colonoscopy. I didn't have bowel cancer, but I was prepared to accept it if that was the case. In doing this, I lost the fear.

When there is actual blood in poo (especially if you have constipation and strain) the most likely cause is piles or fissures. Blood will be bright red and very visible.

It's very different from having to peer in closely to make out undigested bits of tomato, and this is because, we as humans, do not have the enzymes to break this type of fibre down.

Sorry about your BIL, I hope he has a smooth recovery.
    He's very chilled about it all - very matter of fact - that's how he's wired (I wish I had his brain lol)

Something I’ve been meaning to ask, is indigestion and acid reflux the same thing? I have no stomach pains at all just a burning in the top of my throat sometimes and feel a little burpy.
    They are different conditions, but there is a connection. What you're describing sounds more like silent reflux and people don't tend to get the indigestion/heartburn symptoms with that..

Since last posting I feel like I am going downhill. I have been up all night with acid reflux and nausea and I’m terrified this means I have some serious advanced illness.

I can’t get the reddish BM out of my head since reading cancer patients saying they wish they had acted sooner. What if it was blood and I just leave it! My partner keeps saying blood would be obvious, you wouldn’t need to hold it up under a torch to guess if it’s red or brown, and it would have a liquidy ness to it that transfers. I’m just so scared I have these awful scenarios going through my head of being referred to colonoscopy and being told I have stage 4 Bowel cancer and leaving my partner behind when we are supposed to have a whole life left to live together.

Seeing a gastroenterologist on Monday and I’m so nervous

Not sure what I’m trying to achieve with this post, more reassurance I suppose. Finding life hard right now

I have awful acid reflux. I just finished antibiotics for helicobacter but still have the reflux. I think anxiety can really play a part in it. Most of my symptoms are in my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    I have awful acid reflux. I just finished antibiotics for helicobacter but still have the reflux. I think anxiety can really play a part in it. Most of my symptoms are in my throat.
    Mine are in my throat too, no indigestion in my chest. Do you ever get nausea with yours?

I sometimes feel a bit sick after breakfast in the morning. My symptoms are sore throat, a mucus watery feeling in throat and sinus pain. Are you on any meds for it ?

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    I sometimes feel a bit sick after breakfast in the morning. My symptoms are sore throat, a mucus watery feeling in throat and sinus pain. Are you on any meds for it ?
    No it only started last week just out of the blue I’ve never had it before! I have no idea what’s causing it! Do you usually have to have tests for it?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information