Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Acid Reflux a symptom of Bowel cancer?

Re: Is Acid Reflux a symptom of Bowel cancer?

My advice would be to stop googling and to remember what your gastroenterologist said about YOU and YOUR symptoms. He reckons you have IBS.

Thanks.

Just trying not to completely spiral even further waiting 4 weeks for a colonoscopy. Have a lot of very scary scenarios of how it could play out in my head right now.

To top it off, I now need to go to the toilet constantly all day, my partner thinks it’s because I’m a nervous wreck.

Do you think he is right?

Having to wait 4 weeks for a colonoscopy when you are a private patient shows there is no urgency. You can choose to imagine scary outcomes or you can be reassured because you haven't been booked in as a priority case.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you think he is right?

Having to wait 4 weeks for a colonoscopy when you are a private patient shows there is no urgency. You can choose to imagine scary outcomes or you can be reassured because you haven't been booked in as a priority case.
    I hope he is right. It’s quite hard to believe stress can have such an impact on your gut.

I know you are right - the health anxiety part of me thinks that’s just due to my age, and there’s a never too young campaign for a reason!

You'll always find a reason to justify your fears with HA and of course you ARE never too young to get any form of cancer. You HAVE seen a gastroenterologist who is unconcerned about your symptoms though but I realise that this won't satisfy your HA. Do you think you'll accept the results of the colonoscopy?

Okay so I’m back.. since I stopped eating red sauces I haven’t seen any more redness in my stool.. phew. HOWEVER.. this morning was the third time I have seen a slight pinky tinge to the toilet paper after wiping. (Like an organy brown with a slight pinky tinge to it in a few places, not everywhere)! And now I’m freaked out! The first 2 times I had consumed a berry squash the day before, thought it could be that, but haven’t drank that in a week and there it was this morning.

I have eaten reducrrent jelly and roasted sweet potato yesterday.. could that have that effect?

Also have this stabbing pain in my mid abdomen, high up under the ribs (about 4 fingers down from where a bra ends).. do your intestines go up that high? Or is this another issue?

This is exhausting. I have my first session with a councillor on Tuesday but in the meantime I’m so worried :(

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedOlive View Post
    Okay so I’m back.. since I stopped eating red sauces I haven’t seen any more redness in my stool.. phew. HOWEVER.. this morning was the third time I have seen a slight pinky tinge to the toilet paper after wiping. (Like an organy brown with a slight pinky tinge to it in a few places, not everywhere)! And now I’m freaked out! The first 2 times I had consumed a berry squash the day before, thought it could be that, but haven’t drank that in a week and there it was this morning.
    Why are you still scrutinising your poo?

I have eaten reducrrent jelly and roasted sweet potato yesterday.. could that have that effect?
    Come on Olive...

This is exhausting. I have my first session with a councillor on Tuesday but in the meantime I’m so worried :(
    Therapy can't come soon enough eh cocker?

Hope it does you some good. X

Okay so I’ve had one session so far and was feeling OK. Read a post on here recently referring to a lady who has posted here worried about her symptoms and sadly turned out to be BC. I hadn’t read the thread myself but I had been thinking about it and today I totally caved and found it and read it.

Now I’m so freaked out - negative thoughts going through my head, that what if my story goes like that. Everyone was telling her it was really unlikely to be anything bad (which I know it was unlikely) but it did happen!

My bowel movements have returned to just once (at most twice) in the morning since starting 10mg amitriptyline, is that a good sign? They are now solid.

They’ve also calmed down in terms of timing, it’s not at 5am anymore, in fact I am waking up at around 7:30 and going at about 8am, so I guess that’s not considered urgent anymore.

Any time I’ve seen red ‘blood’ in my stool, it has been around a grain of rice size. Although I have occasionally had pink on the paper like the other poster :(

My colonoscopy is next week and I just feel so badly about it.

PS. I do hope the poster I referred to is OK. She hasn’t written anything since 2018 although I can see from her profile she did log in this year.

You must have really searched hard for her thread? Why be so determined to find someone who was unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with BC?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You must have really searched hard for her thread? Why be so determined to find someone who was unfortunate enough to be diagnosed with BC?
    Dragons have a ravenous appetite

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information