Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Most Important Advice

Re: Most Important Advice

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    I agree that you can't let negative or nonsense thoughts spiral, but I can't talk myself out of them and struggle to ignore them.
    You don't have to ignore them.

You can learn to reframe them.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Exactly..It's not a battle but it will be if you fight it too hard and get the adrenaline flowing constantly.

You do sound as if you are doing really well though..as is your football team!
    I am doing well in some regards.

I was on the floor Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, but I've managed to get myself to an OK place last night and most of today. Really learning that I need to crack on and do stuff instead of ruminating on the nonsense my anxious mind throws up.

Been for a run the last couple of days, which definitely helps me. I'm so easily triggered it's unreal though, over silly stuff.

My football team are a bit like me, hit and miss! Haha!

I have put both of my racehorses away for the winter though, so I'll miss having them out on the racetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    You don't have to ignore them.

You can learn to reframe them.
    The thoughts that I'm having are about the nature of existence and questioning reality, so there isn't really any 'reframing' that can be done, as there are no answers or rational way of looking at them. It's more just an acceptance that minds wander to odd places sometimes. They come with real force though, and the anxiety makes me derealised which reinforces the theory. It's just done it now, purely because I was walking back towards the house, and noticed the moon and that's enough. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I did absolutely mix you up with someone else,and I’m so sorry I upset you. That’s why I swore I wouldn’t reply to that other thread!

But hey, I’m really glad you are working so hard on your anxiety. If only everyone did. What do you find works for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't worry about it, I assumed you had me mixed up.

Just getting up and about really, and running.

The less I do, the worse I am. I also have to just accept that at the moment things make me anxious and to accept it without reading too much into it. Easier said than done though at times.

I also have to stop avoiding things around the house and with my family.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information