I lost my job at the beginning of this year and since then my HA has gradually gotten worse. I'm at a stage now where it is constant, always worrying about something, no matter how big or small it is.
I can't get through a day now where I don't have a health worry. My doctor has been going through different medications with me, still trying to find something that suits. Counselling has been a disaster. I can't afford to go private. The public option is over the phone only and while I don't really like that option I gave it a try. But after 2 sessions the counsellor just cut me off, didn't bother ringing me anymore. My GP is not happy with it and is now trying a different route for me.

But in the meantime, over the past several months, checking my breasts was becoming agonizing for me. I was dreading it every month. And always finding something. It was starting to take over my life and my doctor told me a few months ago to stop checking them. She said she'll do it for me. She said that me checking them every month was doing me so much mental damage. But she also told me that there is no need to check them every month, especially when I had a clear mammogram in May of this year. She has checked them twice over the past few months and told me I can leave it a few more months before she checks them again.

I'm always hearing and reading that we should check them every month. Is it ok for my doctor to do it every few months? She's a lovely doctor and I trust her, but I'd just like to get a few opinions on getting them checked every few months instead of every month.
But it has to be the doctor that checks them, for now anyway. The thought of checking them makes me sick, I've had too many scares when doing it. And my breasts are lumpy, and they do seem to change all the time. I don't know how I'll ever check them myself again, but I won't worry about that for now.