Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or 2?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or 2?

Hey guys
    I am usually the opposite and my heart rate ranges 75-100 most days. Last night I was really relaxed and yawning super sleepy and hungry and reclined on a recliner chair with feet up and did my nightly HR check and my pulse was 48 then I panicked did it again and it was 50!! I sat up more and had cheese and crackers and then it was back to 78. I am now really panicking something is wrong it never drops I'm not on beta blockers or meds

Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

Quote Originally Posted by emmabombemma View Post
    Last night I was really relaxed and yawning super sleepy and hungry and reclined on a recliner chair with feet up and did my nightly HR check and my pulse was 48 then I panicked did it again and it was 50!!
    Why are you checking your pulse every night?

Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Why are you checking your pulse every night?
    Because it is usually high with anxiety so I am monitoring it to take to a GP
    The sudden low dips really stressing me out

Because it is usually high with anxiety
    That's normal. Your heart is meant to race when the stress response is triggered.

The sudden low dips really stressing me out
    This happened to me tbh - and it did shit me up because I was so used to my heart racing. Had an ECG - everything normal.

You say 'dips'. Do you mean this has happened more than once?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    That's normal. Your heart is meant to race when the stress response is triggered.

This happened to me tbh - and it did shit me up because I was so used to my heart racing. Had an ECG - everything normal.

You say 'dips'. Do you mean this has happened more than once?
    No It can go down to say 62 when extremely chilled but never ever down to 48 or 50 just two or three times the other night.

No It can go down to say 62 when extremely chilled but never ever down to 48 or 50 just two or three times the other night.
    Were you using a monitor? Check the batteries cocker.

These monitors are not infallible, and in my opinion, people with HA shouldn't be using them.

Mine apparently went down to 38 the other day. Dips in the heart rate are not uncommon at all, but even more common are mistakes made by the device taking the pulse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Yes I suspect maybe a slight glitch in phone fingers crossed

When I was a fit athlete my resting HR was 36...sometimes 34...permanently... I wouldn't worry about it.

I can relate:

I have been checking my blood oxygen levels via a pulse oximeter for a couple weeks due to recently getting COVID and I also saw my heart rate go down to 48-54 when I was laying in bed, breathing deeply, feeling relaxed.

It's normal! Especially if you are in good, active shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information