Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or 2?

  1. #1

    Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or 2?

    Hey guys
    I am usually the opposite and my heart rate ranges 75-100 most days. Last night I was really relaxed and yawning super sleepy and hungry and reclined on a recliner chair with feet up and did my nightly HR check and my pulse was 48 then I panicked did it again and it was 50!! I sat up more and had cheese and crackers and then it was back to 78. I am now really panicking something is wrong it never drops I'm not on beta blockers or meds

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Quote Originally Posted by emmabombemma View Post
    Last night I was really relaxed and yawning super sleepy and hungry and reclined on a recliner chair with feet up and did my nightly HR check and my pulse was 48 then I panicked did it again and it was 50!!
    Why are you checking your pulse every night?
    __________________
    I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car, and into another. ~ John Lennon

  3. #3

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Why are you checking your pulse every night?
    Because it is usually high with anxiety so I am monitoring it to take to a GP
    The sudden low dips really stressing me out

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Quote Originally Posted by emmabombemma View Post
    Because it is usually high with anxiety
    That's normal. Your heart is meant to race when the stress response is triggered.

    The sudden low dips really stressing me out
    This happened to me tbh - and it did shit me up because I was so used to my heart racing. Had an ECG - everything normal.

    You say 'dips'. Do you mean this has happened more than once?
    __________________
    I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car, and into another. ~ John Lennon

  5. #5

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    That's normal. Your heart is meant to race when the stress response is triggered.



    This happened to me tbh - and it did shit me up because I was so used to my heart racing. Had an ECG - everything normal.

    You say 'dips'. Do you mean this has happened more than once?
    No It can go down to say 62 when extremely chilled but never ever down to 48 or 50 just two or three times the other night.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,085

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Mine apparently went down to 38 the other day. Dips in the heart rate are not uncommon at all, but even more common are mistakes made by the device taking the pulse!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep,

    But I have promises to keep,

    And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Quote Originally Posted by emmabombemma View Post
    No It can go down to say 62 when extremely chilled but never ever down to 48 or 50 just two or three times the other night.
    Were you using a monitor? Check the batteries cocker.

    These monitors are not infallible, and in my opinion, people with HA shouldn't be using them.
    __________________
    I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car, and into another. ~ John Lennon

  8. #8

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Were you using a monitor? Check the batteries cocker.

    These monitors are not infallible, and in my opinion, people with HA shouldn't be using them.
    It was using my Samsung phone the built in app which is always same as a bp monitor so I do trust it

  9. #9

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Yes I suspect maybe a slight glitch in phone fingers crossed

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: Please help - is it normal for heart rate to drop to 48-50 for literally a min or

    Quote Originally Posted by emmabombemma View Post
    It was using my Samsung phone the built in app which is always same as a bp monitor so I do trust it
    How does it work?

    I've always used monitors which fit on the wrist...
    __________________
    I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car, and into another. ~ John Lennon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-03-18, 14:20
  2. Is my heart rate normal????
    By clank in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-02-13, 22:02
  3. Is this a normal heart rate?????
    By Sookie in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-08-10, 17:18
  4. Heart Rate and O2 drop when falling asleep
    By Brandymb in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-10, 17:19
  5. Heart rate drop
    By A-J in forum Propranolol / Inderal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-02-09, 02:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •