Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Wouldn't stop Eric or Ivanka though...
    Im still holding out a thin shred of hope that they’ll all be charged with tax evasion lol.

On a bright note, Twitter finally locked Trumps account.

Finally, some Republicans are finally finding their balls and speaking up to Trump. I hope this teaches both parties, that you can't sell your soul to a devil just to keep your party in the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    CNN's political analyst has suggested that there are serious moves now being made to remove him under the 25th.
    I hope they do remove him under the 25th...but by the time they could get it done, it might already be Jan 20th anyway. It would be a nice symbolic move though.

Quote Originally Posted by Confusion View Post
    Please help me. My anxiety is going nuts. I'm not even American but how is this going to end? This is unprecedented. What if Trump goes wild? What if Russia or China decide to take advantage? Is this the end of the world???

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Why would the world come crashing down because a small group grab a building? Is the whole defence of a massive nation dependent on one place? If so terrorists would have brought the US down years ago, and they know what they are doing.

Even if a nation makes a move the rest will know about it and moves are made.

Is a group of plonkers storming a building more significant than the many things that have happened in the last 50 or so years?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Then the only option is to nuke us all.
    What do you base that on? The person doing the nuking would be instantly poor like everyone else. And in the Mad Max world the rich are food...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Why would the world come crashing down because a small group grab a building? Is the whole defence of a massive nation dependent on one place? If so terrorists would have brought the US down years ago, and they know what they are doing.

Is a group of plonkers storming a building more significant than the many things that have happened in the last 50 or so years?
    Well, it's a lot more significant than a group of crazies "grabbing a building"...but just because there is some chaos, doesn't mean it will extend to military action between other countries. We've seen no indications of that.

Right now, as Congress reconvenes, failed "insurrection" or failed coup, as I called it other, seems be unifying more people against Trump. I'm hopeful maybe this is what we finally needed to get Trump to shut up and some of his supporters to realize how brainwashed they've become.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Well, it's a lot more significant than a group of crazies "grabbing a building"...but just because there is some chaos, doesn't mean it will extend to military action between other countries. We've seen no indications of that.

Right now, as Congress reconvenes, failed "insurrection" or failed coup, as I called it other, seems be unifying more people against Trump. I'm hopeful maybe this is what we finally needed to get Trump to shut up and some of his supporters to realize how brainwashed they've become.
    Just makes me think of a bunch of idiots invading the Palace of Westminster or Buckingham Palace. Big woo followed by a bunch of arrests and then everything back to BAU the next day. What have they achieved? Have they gained power or just been a nuisance for a day?

Edit: poor example since bunches of idiots are frequently found in the Palace of Westminster (auto correct changed that to benches )
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 07-01-21 at 05:11.

I read (on the Washington Post site) that impeaching him could be done and dusted in a day, rather than by using the 25th against him.

That sorts him out; but what about his supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

You make a very good point there.
    I agree with Vee that it is significantly more than some idiots grabbing a building, especially taking into account the violence directed towards the elected representatives, but I think you're right about the building itself not being the be all and end all and the ultimately farcical nature of the whole thing. The October Revolution or Pride's Purge it was not - yes they did occupy the palace of government but did not even come close to taking charge of the institutions themselves.
    Still, it is certainly a very shocking and disturbing situation, one which must serve as a wake up call.

He's certainly got the "finale" he wanted

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information