Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Times are worrying they have banned many users off Twitter of late and Talk radio was even banned from YouTube for talking about lockdown?
    The latter for about three hours. Like any other organisation - you play by their rules or you get chucked off. From The Guardian:

On Tuesday evening, the streaming platform broke its silence and reinstated TalkRadio’s account. “TalkRadio’s YouTube channel was briefly suspended, but upon further review, has now been reinstated,” a YouTube spokesperson said. “We quickly remove flagged content that violate our Community Guidelines, including Covid-19 content that explicitly contradict expert consensus from local health authorities or the World Health Organization. We make exceptions for material posted with an educational, documentary, scientific or artistic purpose, as was deemed in this case.”

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Even if he doesn't, he won't be leaving the White House willingly. I can imagine a massive hostage situation taking place there on Inauguration Day.
    But Frank we are talking about an overweight elderly man. They have big well trained real men with guns who protect them all. You think Trump is going to take on these men when he would poo himself if confronted with many an angry average man in the street?

Will our Lord Adonis lead a revolution from HQ House of Lords with Lord Major with his AK47? We better rejoining the EU pretty damn quick then.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Will our Lord Adonis lead a revolution from HQ House of Lords with Lord Major with his AK47? .
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Peterthegreatworrier View Post
    You make a very good point there.
    I agree with Vee that it is significantly more than some idiots grabbing a building, especially taking into account the violence directed towards the elected representatives, but I think you're right about the building itself not being the be all and end all and the ultimately farcical nature of the whole thing. The October Revolution or Pride's Purge it was not - yes they did occupy the palace of government but did not even come close to taking charge of the institutions themselves.
    Still, it is certainly a very shocking and disturbing situation, one which must serve as a wake up call.
    Peter, whilst it's a big event if you're American should the rest of the world be so bothered? It's not a genuine coup, it's a failed police containment. So it becomes symbolic to Americans but to me it received nothing beyond column inches, backslapping and a kick up the backside for the police.

You and Vee are right, it is more, but I was replying to a person in the UK, where nothing has happened, who has turned a lump on the body into a metastised cancer. Some media saying it's only the second time this has happened and trumping them up into a terrorist event is Daily Mail HAer territory to me.

Please help me. My anxiety is going nuts. I'm not even American but how is this going to end? This is unprecedented. What if Trump goes wild? What if Russia or China decide to take advantage? Is this the end of the world???
    Like you point out it's nothing compared to other events. Recent history has much bigger events yet no panicking over the end of the world with some of them. My money is on only the anxious, outside of the US, spending mental energy on it (well, aside from those who live politics).

But Frank we are talking about an overweight elderly man. They have big well trained real men with guns who protect them all. You think Trump is going to take on these men when he would poo himself if confronted with many an angry average man in the street?

Will our Lord Adonis lead a revolution from HQ House of Lords with Lord Major with his AK47? We better rejoining the EU pretty damn quick then.
    Oops just promoted John Major. Oh well, i was trying to think of a suitable couple of pointless bags of wind we could do without (and save money on).

Even if he doesn't, he won't be leaving the White House willingly. I can imagine a massive hostage situation taking place there on Inauguration Day.
    From this guy?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ba!HaHaHa! The big pussy

Like you point out it's nothing compared to other events. Recent history has much bigger events yet no panicking over the end of the world with some of them. My money is on only the anxious, outside of the US, spending mental energy on it (well, aside from those who live politics).
    Well yes, but we're talking about someone who has exhibited a volatile disposition over the last five years. How that plays out in a life-or-death situation is one thing, but in the face of losing power is another.

Well yes, but
    I find it ironic that Trump's rallying cry has been MAGA. During his tenure, the American people got to see who and what the GOP and their supporters are. That 'accomplishment' gave America a Democratic president and the first woman (and woman of color) VP and control of the House and Senate. So you can actually say that Trump really did Make America Great Again

Things came to a very unfortunate head and the US is suffering because of it, but he gave as close to a concession speech as we'll get and he's gone in 12 days. At this point its over Frank. No 'buts' about it. He's all but been banned from social media so he can't spread the lies and hate. The repercussions of his tenure are another thing but I have faith things will be handled. Think about this... The state of Georgia elected a black man and a Jew to represent them in the Senate. Who in their lifetime would have thought they'd see that happen? That's reason for hope. So if you want to allow your fears to permeate and create doomsday scenarios, that's totally on you.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Whilst this whole Capitol riot saga in Washington DC is most certainly a cause for concern and wake-up call to the world as a whole, I can't believe a lot of the overblown hysteria that's been doing the rounds since all this unfolded on Wednesday, both on here and elsewhere, and people conjuring up all kinds of scenarios, real or imaginary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trivialising those tumultuous events in any way and I do completely understand many people's heightened anxieties at present, coupled with the seemingly endless Covid pandemic situation.

Sometimes I long for the days before the existence of social media and sometimes even the Internet as a whole, where a lot of international events that we panic about today would in most cases barely have registered outside of their country/place of origin, unless they were extremely serious of course.

But then again, like I've said before, we wouldn't be discussing stuff on here right now if it wasn't for the Internet.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information