Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well so far no talk of any copycat violence here in the UK, mainland Europe, nor Australia.
    Why would there be? Despite some trying to link up across the pond we are very different to the US. For a start, we aren't paranoid about federal overreach since we've been centralised for hundreds of years quite successfully. We ditched our guns long ago.

Although devolution might divide us.

There has been violence for months and months that the media ignored as "righteous" violence. (Burning buildings, throwing bottles at police, looting, rioting, deaths.) So, it didn't surprise me that we had an apex event like this over here.

Both sides look past their own side's violence and rhetoric to point the finger at the other. No one holds themselves or their side accountable. Just because a cause is just... doesn't mean violence is justified, ever.

The Capitol riots are no exception, nor was the last year of violence and clashes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGuy View Post
    There has been violence for months and months that the media ignored as "righteous" violence. (Burning buildings, throwing bottles at police, looting, rioting, deaths.) So, it didn't surprise me that we had an apex event like this over here.

Both sides look past their own side's violence and rhetoric to point the finger at the other. No one holds themselves or their side accountable. Just because a cause is just... doesn't mean violence is justified, ever.

The Capitol riots are no exception, nor was the last year of violence and clashes.
    Absolutely spot on!

Written in 1973, Zappa released "The Slime" on the album "Overnight Sensation". That song came to mind watching the craziness we've been seeing and hearing the last 4 years. I went and looked it up on Youtube and apparently someone else was thinking the same thing

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Written in 1973, Zappa released "The Slime" on the album "Overnight Sensation". That song came to mind watching the craziness we've been seeing and hearing the last 4 years. I went and looked it up on Youtube and apparently someone else was thinking the same thing

FMP
    https://youtu.be/AC0IgwmsRSE

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Those are some audacious editing skills!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Why would there be? Despite some trying to link up across the pond we are very different to the US. .
    That's it, Terry! Last straw! We're breaking up! :P

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    That's it, Terry! Last straw! We're breaking up! :P
    Does this mean I'm no longer welcome in the VeeStar? That's the spa days gone then. And it will be hard to find someone so able to get right down in there with massage like Dark Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Why would there be? Despite some trying to link up across the pond we are very different to the US. For a start, we aren't paranoid about federal overreach since we've been centralised for hundreds of years quite successfully. We ditched our guns long ago.

Although devolution might divide us.
    Well we had our BLM protests last year (and also in 2016) that not only spread here but also to mainland Europe and Australia.

Plus we had our own riots nationwide back in August 2011, originally sparked off by a Black person (Mark Duggan) being killed by the police in London, but sadly got infiltrated and hijacked by the heathen masses in many of England's big cities, who were already itching for big scraps for well over 4-5 years previous, and with mostly Whites involved by then!

That's one of the biggest evils of social media IMO, where impressionable people can be led on and start acting irrationally, especially with last year's toilet roll stampedes being a typical example!

True, but none of those were attacks on democracy.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information