Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Re: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Just wanted to put these here as I know we’ve had the head pressure and dizziness but saw some videos on bppv vertigo which who knows could be a contributing factor.

I’m willing to try anything I can to settle this dizziness and pressure, I tried the test and the room was spinning when I went to my left side, I have dealt with vertigo before and while every day my dizziness is more unsteady dizziness rather than the vertigo I’ve felt in the past...it could perhaps be underlying vertigo making it all worse.

I’m going to do the epley manoeuvre for a few days to see if there’s any change.

Here’s the test

https://youtu.be/PcINJ7p09-Y

And in the description for that video are the manoeuvres to try depending if you have spinning on the left or right side during the test mine was left so I did it for that side
    (I was spinning lots when it came to the last part of the manoeuvre looking down)

As I said I’m not sure this will have anything to do with the pressure but seeing as I did have spinning when I did the test I did wonder if it could be causing the dizziness/off balance feeling

Give it a go for a few days we’ve got nothing to lose !

That's really interesting info Eevie, thank you for posting that.
    For me, I still think mine is anxiety related.
    I've recently injured my knee and having to use a walking stick and have to say that my lightheadedness, unbalanced feeling and feeling like I'm walking on a boat have eased. Whether it's the support of the stick and walking much slower, I don't know and I don't know if the reduction will last, especially when I no longer need the stick. Whether it has given me confidence is another explanation. Slowing down, slowing the mind. I will have to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Just wanted to put these here as I know we’ve had the head pressure and dizziness but saw some videos on bppv vertigo which who knows could be a contributing factor.

I’m willing to try anything I can to settle this dizziness and pressure, I tried the test and the room was spinning when I went to my left side, I have dealt with vertigo before and while every day my dizziness is more unsteady dizziness rather than the vertigo I’ve felt in the past...it could perhaps be underlying vertigo making it all worse.

I’m going to do the epley manoeuvre for a few days to see if there’s any change.

Here’s the test

https://youtu.be/PcINJ7p09-Y

And in the description for that video are the manoeuvres to try depending if you have spinning on the left or right side during the test mine was left so I did it for that side
    (I was spinning lots when it came to the last part of the manoeuvre looking down)

As I said I’m not sure this will have anything to do with the pressure but seeing as I did have spinning when I did the test I did wonder if it could be causing the dizziness/off balance feeling

Give it a go for a few days we’ve got nothing to lose !
    Let us know how it goes

Last night I had probably the worst headache in my life and I deal with severe headaches due to tmj daily. It was a pounding headache at the back of my head throbbing not just when I moved but constantly even when lying down.

I then as a result had a severe panic attack, I was debating going to hospital it was that bad.
    Today it’s still hurting but not half as bad, praying it doesn’t get worse over the day.

Just really worried now considering the constant pressure, headaches and dizziness to get a headache that severe.

Trying to stay calm about it but it’s so hard

Took two 2mg diazepam which didn’t help and kept waking up through the night once I got to sleep at about 5am.

I’ve got a colonoscopy coming up so can’t take painkillers prior to ease any pain either

Oh Eevie, I'm so sorry you are suffering.
    Do you think doing those exercises might have triggered the headache? I know it's really hard to to not overthink the symptoms. Would seeing GP help?
    Also try sleeping with your pillows propped up, that might relieve the pressure. Sounds like you need a good night's sleep. x

I don't think so as I only did them once about 3 days ago.

My brain and anxiety keeps saying the worst, brain tumour or something serious, but Im wondering if it could be migraines as a few of my family members have very bad migraines. Im going to ring my dr again it's just annoying I've got this colonoscopy in a few days, its been cancelled multiple times since the beginning of the year so really need it done. I need to get that out of the way and then I can hopefully figure out what is going on with my head, just slightly worried going for my colonoscopy when my heads this bad!

I have spent the day in bed with hot water bottles and hot neck bean bags, fingers crossed it feels better by the morning x

I was going to mention that it could be a migraine Eevie, don't always think the worst.
    Try not to stress about the colonoscopy, if you can't go you can't go simple as that. But I'm betting you'll be fine by then.
    I was just wondering why you were doing these exercises every three days? I watched the the video and it does state you can feel dizzy for a while after doing them and it may well of caused the head pain.
    The video shows a very abrupt turning of the head tilted back which no one would do under normal circumstances.
    What I'm saying is maybe you should just take it easy for now.

Hi OP. I cannot relate with the pain as such, but I do have a kind of pressure in my head. Very heady, almost like a head cold. I have this on and off, but recently it's come back and I'm anxious. I also have occasional tinnitus too, which really annoys me. All these symptoms lead to me not being able to sleep too well or worried to go to sleep, then I'm sure the lack of sleep is contributing to my worsened anxiety. Endless circle of frustration. I cannot give much advice, just to let you know I have something similar to your symptoms and can empathise. Anxiety is so horrible when it gets bad, i hate it.

I didn’t end up doing the manoeuvre more than the first time and that was days ago when I posted about it carnation. I don’t plan on doing it or any other exercises any time soon either haha. The severe headache was last night so don’t think it has anything to do with trying the manoeuvre a few days before.

This headache was a very painful almost unbearable constant throbbing which terrified me. It’s still throbbing now but a lot less painful than last night.

I’ll see how I go over the next day or so regarding the colonoscopy hopefully I’m fine to go ahead!

Just taking it very easy trying not to panic myself too much!
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_P View Post
    Hi OP. I cannot relate with the pain as such, but I do have a kind of pressure in my head. Very heady, almost like a head cold. I have this on and off, but recently it's come back and I'm anxious. I also have occasional tinnitus too, which really annoys me. All these symptoms lead to me not being able to sleep too well or worried to go to sleep, then I'm sure the lack of sleep is contributing to my worsened anxiety. Endless circle of frustration. I cannot give much advice, just to let you know I have something similar to your symptoms and can empathise. Anxiety is so horrible when it gets bad, i hate it.
    Hi Mark I’m sorry to hear you are also dealing with pressure, anxiety can definitely be the cause often!
    I’ve had head pressure a lot before as an anxiety symptom I think as mine has been going on for weeks and now I’ve had this severe head pounding headache last night I’ve sent myself into thinking the worst!

I hope your anxiety eases and in turn hopefully your pressure eases too!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information