Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Re: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Hi again Carnation my dizziness is feeling very unstable on my feet, swaying also like you said and feeling like I’m going to fall forward or backwards and a sinking into the floor feeling, I keep stumbling around. Does feel like a drunk feeling, I don’t drink but that’s how I’d explain it. Like you, I feel heaviness in my head and lots of pressure, even a heaviness of my eyes and fatigue.

Yep, that's exactly it.
    So we need to convince ourselves it IS anxiety and not let our minds wander to anything more serious. x

Hi Eevie, I posted this in another thread where someone was experiencing similar symptoms.

First and foremost, sorry you're going through this - headaches and head pains/aches can be very tiring.

Over the past two years, since my anxiety and stress went from being easily managable to almost debilitating, I've experienced two boughts of head issues. The first bought which hit me in the summer of last year left me with a headache for two to three weeks. Not only a headache, but also dizziness, this strange sensation of someone pressing against both sides of my head, and also what I can only describe as 'head rushes' (this was a really bizarre and an almost indescribable sensation - it felt like a rush of blood to my head, and also the feeling of the skin on my head being pulled tight! Bizarre I know). Nothing I did or took (paracetamol etc) helped, and the only time the sensations/pains subsided was when I lay down before bed, and slept.

That lasted around 2-3 weeks before disappearing completely. I can only assume the cause was anxiety and stress, but also panicking made the symptoms a lot worse. I had another mild episode start of this year, but nowhere near as bad as the one in summer last year.

I find with anxiety related physical symptoms, you just have to ride the wave until it passes.

Hi there, I don't have any head pressure but I've been dealing with a type of dizziness for a few weeks myself, every day -feeling unsteady like you say or sometimes it's almost like I'm on a ship -like a rocking sensation -don't know if you get that? It's been such a stressful year for so many and I've had a real hit this year as well as there were issues with my daughter in the summer. I totally sympathise with the agoraphobia too, this is something I'm re-experiencing also! Really hope you feel better soon. It's a pain!

Hi sorry to hear you are going through this. I suffer from an off balance dizzy feeling, woozy head, eyes feeling funny feel like I might collapse at any point, also head rush things at times. Iwill have had this on and off for 5 years coming February. I had tests and it was all out to anxiety, still trying to deal with. I can go through days when it's not too bad. Don't worry about worse case scenario it doesn't help. Easier said than done I know. All I know is anxiety can make me have symptoms for years before this it was my breathing before that my heart before that swallowing. The worrying always make it worse and brings it on I think x

I've had this for months, i shuffle around the house because i feel like i might fall. Its really unnerving. I have a very stiff neck and shoulders and read this can contribute to the dizziness, but its hard not to think its something more serious. I Wake up every morning worrying how i am going to feel that day. I know im not helping myself worrying about it but it very hard not to.

Hi everyone I'm so sorry for not responding sooner I've had a lot of work to do from home and I also managed to get to see my dr who thinks it's severe tension headaches, I have a lot of tension in my neck, bass of my skull and shoulders so that could be contributing. He did say to check back in 2 weeks if it persists.

I do know that anxiety definitely makes it worse as it exasperates the symptoms of dizziness and pressure! It is still here every day, but I am really trying as hard as I can to try to get on with some daily tasks at home and try diverting my attention in hope it all eases off, even though I still get those moments of panic.

Im sorry to hear that you've all dealt with similar things or are currently dealing with similar things.

Thank you for your reply @mrlurcher it can be reassuring to hear from other people even though your mind can still wonder to the worst scenario but I know I need to try to think positive and know it is most likely the tension and anxiety

@timetoturn I'm sorry to hear you're struggling too, the dizziness is horrible especially when it makes you feel so unstable like you say you are experiencing too.

Like you @heelenclaire I find myself waking up in the morning thinking is it gone, which of course then sets off your anxiety and makes you focus on your body and how it feels so much! I think we are so over sensitised to every body sensation when our anxiety is heightened and that can also really affect your symptoms. It's as if we feel every sensation so much more than those who don't deal with anxiety.

Like you @kenton it's always something with me too wether it's breathing, leg pain, stomach issues etc and I know that anxiety is usually at the core of it all, I usually wait a few weeks before trying to get too worried now and hope these things pass it's just so difficult when they persist!

Hi Eevie, any improvement / change?
    I've had a little respite, but it's still hanging around for me. x

Unfortunately not @carnation
    I’m sorry to hear yours is still hanging around too. I tried to do some housework today but it just made me feel more dizzy and weird

Eevie and Carnation - does the dizziness feeling change at all based on the position of your head? The only reason I ask is I had a horrible bout with BPPV, which is when little calcium chunks near our eardrums break loose and rattle around in there. It’s a form of vertigo. I felt absolutely drunk when my BPPV was at its worst. Couldn’t walk straight, lots of pressure, constantly felt like I was going to trip over my own feet. It was awful.

there are some YouTube videos online for exercises that can help treat this condition. Might be worth looking into? Of course I have zero idea if this is what you might be dealing with, but they are very simple exercises that can be done from the comfort of your home. And they have helped me when I’ve had recurrences of this over the last few years.

I hope you all get over this soon. It’s definitely a miserable feeling!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information