Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Re: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    Hi Mark I’m sorry to hear you are also dealing with pressure, anxiety can definitely be the cause often!
    I’ve had head pressure a lot before as an anxiety symptom I think as mine has been going on for weeks and now I’ve had this severe head pounding headache last night I’ve sent myself into thinking the worst!

I hope your anxiety eases and in turn hopefully your pressure eases too!
    That sucks. How is your sleep? Are you sleeping okay or struggling? Yeah I know what you mean about thinking the worse. I worry about my health constantly too and fear other things, but getting into that hole is never a good idea. It is so easy to say not to worry too much and relax, but I know first hand it isn't simple. It only takes a specific symptom to come about and kick my worries off again. It is a bit of a nightmare. It has helped me massively not to google symptoms. I feel so much better not doing so.

My sleep is ok, I have bad sleep patterns anyway and find it hard to sleep at night anyway but once I'm asleep I've not been waking up too much, only when I had the severe headache I couldn't sleep.

Ye I have worried about my health from a very young age as my dad had cancer when I was very young and my mum had a brain tumour so I think somehow being an anxious child that fear of health and death was installed very early on.

I really worry about brain tumours especially as I am always having headaches and now that I've had constant pressure and dizziness, the severe headache just threw me completely and I thought I was going to die there and then, I've still got the throbbing pain but only when I'm moving around opposed to constantly.

I know what you mean about googling I really try not to slip into that abyss but I find it so hard, it's so silly.

I hope your symptoms are easing slightly!

Hi There,

Just checking into this thread to see how my fellow head pressure sufferers are coping. This week for me has seemed to be easier than previous week, last Friday at work when walking down the stairs I though I was going to fall down as felt a massive head rush (does anyone else get this - it's like when you are in a car or lift which drops suddenly) however am feeling a little cloudy in the head as this morning is progressing and the neck is starting to stiff. I do not know whether my problem is just caused by the environment at my workplace or just people in general. Am looking forward to Xmas just to have a week of no head pressure.......

Hi Crispy,

Yes I get those head rushes and scary they are too.
    But seeing as I've had them on and for years I'm assuming they are not dangerous. Many members on here have them too.
    People definitely have an affect on me.
    As they say, "it's not the people, it's the place".

Eevie, good to hear your head pressure has eased.
    Strange but I had banging head too yesterday.
    I wondered whether it could be lack of fresh air and with the central heating pumping out constantly. What do you think? I also meant to ask you if you suffered with any sinus issues? Question also to the others on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi Crispy,

Yes I get those head rushes and scary they are too.
    But seeing as I've had them on and for years I'm assuming they are not dangerous. Many members on here have them too.
    People definitely have an affect on me.
    As they say, "it's not the people, it's the place".

Eevie, good to hear your head pressure has eased.
    Strange but I had banging head too yesterday.
    I wondered whether it could be lack of fresh air and with the central heating pumping out constantly. What do you think? I also meant to ask you if you suffered with any sinus issues? Question also to the others on this thread.
    I am still not back to normal. I'd been getting headaches and vertigo for a while, dr put me on amitryptaline which is helping, my head feels a lot better.

I am now getting horrible shakiness/vibrating/tingling feeling over my entire body, its got me so stressed out. i don't know what is causing it.

Hope you guys are all doing ok.

Sorry to hear your still bad,

I’m still the same too. The dizziness and pressure seemed to ease for a couple of days but it didn’t last long, it’s just as bad now.

I’ve been on amitriptyline for a few years for ibs but it’s not eased the head symptoms I’ve had recently

Ps. I’ve had shakiness, vibrating and tingling all over my body before which lasted quite some time but eventually eased, I get it with anxiety a lot

How are you both feeling now ? I get this I feel like I’m walking on water and have to hold onto things , I notice it more around time of the month when my anxiety is high and if I’ve been stressed it’s like a delayed reaction of stress

I have all the same symptoms. I see a neurologist who has diagnosed vestibular migraines, which is essentially being unbalanced, swaying, rocking, feeling like walking on a boat, dizzy, head pressure, sometimes pain and a whole host of weird head symptoms that are hard to describe. So, something worth looking into is vestibular migraines. Anxiety makes it worse, and also if you're around the time of menopause/perimenopause, it can be a trigger. There are heaps of different meds to try, which can take away all the symptoms x

Hi All,
    if anyone else is still tuned into this post I’d love some reassurance. I’ve had dreadful head pressure for about two weeks now, but to start with it came on after I had done something for a while in the bent over position. Same symptoms as all of you, head pressure and that weird walking on a mattress feeling along with depersonalisation. However it has got worse and worse in terms of frequency and it is now with me all the time.
    I am really scared!! Has anyone else’s been made worse by bending down for a period of time? I think I’m going mad with anxiety. I’ve pestered my GP and he’s put me on blood pressure tablets which have side effects similar to the symptoms and on it goes......aaaah������

Hey, I realise this is a little late and you may not see this reply -but I've been having a very similar thing to what you describe. How are you doing now? I can totally relate to feeling unsteady on your feet and a heavy head feeling - particularly if I move my head to look up or right down. Anyway I hope and pray for all of us it's 'just anxiety'!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information