Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Re: Head Pressure and dizziness for 5/6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoTurn View Post
    Hey, I realise this is a little late and you may not see this reply -but I've been having a very similar thing to what you describe. How are you doing now? I can totally relate to feeling unsteady on your feet and a heavy head feeling - particularly if I move my head to look up or right down. Anyway I hope and pray for all of us it's 'just anxiety'!

I get this too the more I focus on it the more it happens

I have had this for over a week since one very stressful event and today it became a huge panic attack and then I realized it's an anxiety symptom. My head suddenly feels heavy and dizzy especially in the back of the head and today it was the worst. It is an awful feeling and I am worried that it won't stop.

A bit late to this thread but wanted to share for anybody who might find this helpful.

I had chronic head pressure and dizziness along with feelings of fullness in my ears, heaviness in my head, and unsteadiness with any motion ...even moving my eyes set it off! After lots of nerve conduction tests and MRI's, it turned out to be neck tension caused by me being a bit too hypermobile. It can happen in people without hypermobility too, and anxiety is an absolute culprit for creating neck tension. All of the muscles back there can mess with your senses when they're out of sync, or overtight. Even mild underlying anxiety can make your muscles really tense up. Neck muscles can even mess with your inner ears.

In my case, my neck is too bendy so my muscles overwork themselves and get way too tense, and the result is the same as chronic neck tension. You could try some neck exercises and posture improvement to gently work out tight muscles and see if it brings improvement. I found that taking really regular breaks from screen work or my phone and making sure I was moving around a lot more during the day really helped. I still get the symptoms from time to time, usually when I've spent a few days being lazy or having my neck in silly positions.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    A bit late to this thread but wanted to share for anybody who might find this helpful.

I had chronic head pressure and dizziness along with feelings of fullness in my ears, heaviness in my head, and unsteadiness with any motion ...even moving my eyes set it off! After lots of nerve conduction tests and MRI's, it turned out to be neck tension caused by me being a bit too hypermobile. It can happen in people without hypermobility too, and anxiety is an absolute culprit for creating neck tension. All of the muscles back there can mess with your senses when they're out of sync, or overtight. Even mild underlying anxiety can make your muscles really tense up. Neck muscles can even mess with your inner ears.

In my case, my neck is too bendy so my muscles overwork themselves and get way too tense, and the result is the same as chronic neck tension. You could try some neck exercises and posture improvement to gently work out tight muscles and see if it brings improvement. I found that taking really regular breaks from screen work or my phone and making sure I was moving around a lot more during the day really helped. I still get the symptoms from time to time, usually when I've spent a few days being lazy or having my neck in silly positions.
    Thank you so much for this! Sorry I didn’t see it sooner! My dizziness and head pressure is back with a vengeance at the moment I feel like I’m on a boat! It’s making me feel so anxious and nauseous especially with the head pressure. I do get lots of neck tension and jaw tension as I have bad tmj disorder so that would make sense!
    Obviously I’m jumping to the worst conclusions and think it’s something like a brain tumour, I think my mum having one when I was a teen has put the fear into me.

I’ll try some neck exercises and see if it eases!
    Thank you again

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information