Thread: Vulva pain

Vulva pain

Hi guys

So I’ve gone through lots of stress recently with moving, jobs and lockdown and it appears HA has returned.
    I suffer with ibs (constipation) and I’m a really sporty person going to the gym a lot.
    About a month ago I had a deep tissue massage and my bum, thighs and legs are really tight and sore. The day after that I got a pain in the upper half of the left side of my vulva which has been on and off ever since. My period came and went and the pain disappeared for over a week and has now returned. It’s not constant but just a dull ache in the one area. I have no tummy or pelvic pain or strange discharge or anything like that.
    Whenever I’m at the gym or out at college or busy shopping I don’t really notice it, but then it appears when I’m “chilling out”.
    I’ve always had a fear of conditions down below and six years ago I had scans of stomach, pelvic and lots of blood tests and doc put it down to ibs.
    I see a therapist who is great and has told me when my body gets inflamed due to stress it can ache etc but I’ve never had it there before.
    Anyone else suffered with this?

Re: Vulva pain

I can't personally tell you what is causing the pain but I do know when we first notice a pain and are prone to anxiety it becomes something we are hyperaware of. It doesn't sound like anything too worrying but I'm not a doctor. A quick chat to your doctor will reassure you. I know how worrying it is to have a pain that just won't seem to go away is. I currently am experiencing similar on my right side and I know I'm being too vigilant about it so am aware of the tiniest twinge Hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information