Thread: World politics

World politics

I am feeling a but stressed with it all. It’s on the news constantly and I wonder what it means for our human rights or world peace.

People may not agree with me but I am not a Biden fan and Boris has been a let down. I describe myself as centre ground like Labour of the 90’s but there is no political party which represents that it’s either hard left or hard right.

I know some people may not like certain political figures but how you deal with your anxieties? I don’t want this to be a political shouting match would rather it was about tips on dealing with anxieties with world politics? Thanks

Re: World politics

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I know some people may not like certain political figures but how you deal with your anxieties?
    VOTE!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I am feeling a but stressed with it all. It’s on the news constantly and I wonder what it means for our human rights or world peace.

People may not agree with me but I am not a Biden fan and Boris has been a let down. I describe myself as centre ground like Labour of the 90’s but there is no political party which represents that it’s either hard left or hard right.

I know some people may not like certain political figures but how you deal with your anxieties? I don’t want this to be a political shouting match would rather it was about tips on dealing with anxieties with world politics? Thanks
    I voted for Biden because I despise Donald Trump and what he's done to my country. But, I don't support a whole slew of Biden's likely agenda. I'm a slightly left leaning libertarian (I think we should reform, but not abolish our social welfare programs and otherwise the government should stay out of our lives). So, I basically have never like anyone who is in power. I've never missed voting in an election, but Biden's win is only the second time in my life that the president I voted for has won (and it was my least enthusiastic vote to date).

I don't typically get stressed about this stuff because I know I can't do anything about it, but if I do get overwhelmed, really the only thing I can do is try to shut it out. Stop watching the news, step back and do something else. The problems of the world can seem insurmountable, so it's ok to give yourself a break.

I am feeling a but stressed with it all. It’s on the news constantly
    Nobody is forcing you to watch the news Phil.

Why watch it when it ramps up your anxiety?

I think we all need to give Biden and Co a chance before writing them off too soon.

I don't think the media, especially the right-leaning rags, were particularly kind to New Labour back in the late 90s and through the 2000s, even long before the Iraq affair, though I think the rot started with the fuel protests of September 2000, which IMO were right-wing truckers playing militant silly buggers in order to provoke a second 'Winter of Discontent', and inadvertently damage New Labour ahead of the then-forthcoming GE in 2001.

I recall almost a year after Blair and Co's historic victory many of the right-leaning rags in particular were already trying to talk the UK economy into a recession, which thankfully never materialised, at least not for another decade anyway.

Politics - Who ever runs countries they will get it wrong, they will mess things up and they will always be people who don't agree with what they do.

People cannot do anything to change what is happening once someone is voted in as a president or prime minister.... So let them get on with it, turn off the news and get on with your life and what you can control

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Politics - Who ever runs countries they will get it wrong, they will mess things up and they will always be people who don't agree with what they do.

People cannot do anything to change what is happening once someone is voted in as a president or prime minister.... So let them get on with it, turn off the news and get on with your life and what you can control
    Exactly VBJ.

No matter who's in power, nor how good or bad they may be, they will always get it in the neck, especially from the serial smart alecs and know-it-alls of this world.

Thread Information