Thread: Strange stains in light colour bras

Strange stains in light colour bras

Hi everyone

This may be a little bit of an odd one. I have noticed that I have had small oil / grease looking stains where my nipples / areola meets the bra cup on beige / light beige bras. Not everyone of them but I wonder if it is because I haven't noticed them and thrown them in the wash. I don't think I am having nipple discharge as I don't have a discharge when I squeeze. I am wondering if anyone other women have noticed this?

Is this oil/sweat from the areola / nipple? Anyone else noticed this and have any idea what it is. I am starting to worry and I don't want to. Thank you to anyone who replies in advance!

Re: Strange stains in light colour bras

Most likely oil gland and sweat. Bras are not very airy at all unless you get the very thin cotton ones without padding so you end up sweating that's what causes the stains. I have them on my bras and also where the armpit area is. I have to soak them in stain remover before I wash it.

Thank you for responding, I didn't think anyone would! Appreciate it.

I have them too. Haven’t been worried about them because i assumed it was sweat or something from areola. It’s unusual for me not to be worried about something so i would say it’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dee_gril View Post
    Hi everyone

This may be a little bit of an odd one. I have noticed that I have had small oil / grease looking stains where my nipples / areola meets the bra cup on beige / light beige bras. Not everyone of them but I wonder if it is because I haven't noticed them and thrown them in the wash. I don't think I am having nipple discharge as I don't have a discharge when I squeeze. I am wondering if anyone other women have noticed this?

Is this oil/sweat from the areola / nipple? Anyone else noticed this and have any idea what it is. I am starting to worry and I don't want to. Thank you to anyone who replies in advance!

Did you ever find out what this was ? I have similar symptoms on my beige bras, right near the nipple and never worried about it but lately I have really worried about it

Did you ever find out what this was? I’m having the same issue and really worrying about it! Thank you

My guess it's oil and sweat, try switching to a light cotton bra and see what happens.

Thread Information