Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Son's ex-wife in ICU

Re: Son's ex-wife in ICU

Thank you to everyone who's replied, it does mean a lot especially when it feels like illness is all around. My Dad being 91, Mrs F and now DIL. It isn't Covid though but the latest report is that she's still sedated and is having her lungs drained today I think. Youngest grandson keeps crying but my son and his GF are looking after him. I will give my son credit, he's always been there for his boys. Well, if we forget him leaving their mother but even then he was in close contact.

Thanks for that insight Terry, that's reassuring reading first hand experience of pneumonia. My sister had it actually when she was 2, though that was 5 years before I was born. It was touch and go at one point.

Fishman sorry to read this. Praying for a swift and full recovery of your grandchildrens mum.

Sorry to hear this news fishman.
    Pneumonia is very treatable, so try not to fret.
    I know it must seem the people in your world are crumbling around you, and life has a habit of chucking everything at you at once.
    You can't control everything around you, but you can control how much you involve yourself mentally. x

Just to add that my daughter had acute viral pneumonia and septicaemia at 4 weeks of age and was in ICU for a week. She's now 29 with no ill effects physically.

I know this won't be any consolation to you, Fishman but it's just another recovery story. She was extremely vulnerable but came through. Hoping for better news very soon for you and your family. She's your grandsons' mother and will always be family no matter what.

An anxious time, for you all. I’m sorry she is so poorly and I really hope she pulls through quickly. I’m sure she will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very sorry to hear this news hopefully she's strong enough to pull through and the fact she has beautiful children waiting for her will make her fight stay strong sending you love and prayers xx

Thank you everyone for all your support. However, the vibe I'm getting here from Mrs F and at my son's end is one of indifference. OK yes his ex caused problems for him after he left but then he did walk out on her, it takes two. And now I hear she had a heart attack at one point, yes she is very overweight and a smoker. But I didn't realise there was a cut-off point for concern over a fellow human being. Maybe I'm just too soft, yes that must be it.

Meanwhile Mrs F is complaining of having to shield upstairs. And yet I told her quite clearly that high risk people should be given the option of shielding. There are no locks on the bedroom door. She then feigns ignorance over Covid by saying she relies on me giving her the facts. I told her she has a brain and to use it. But the fact is she loves having an excuse to lay in bed, she has a sore on her backside that's been there for months. I honestly think its a bedsore.

If you think it's a bedsore, don't let it get infected. An infected pressure sore is what put Mrs. PM in hospital back in 2008 - she developed septicaemia which caused her kidneys to fail. A week in ICU followed, then when she was healthy enough to go on a ward radical removal of dead flesh (both knife and leeches) followed both on the sore and pads of her feet. Took five months to get her home.

Sorry to be a bit brutal, but I just don't want anyone to go through what I did.

Shielding doesn't mean laying in bed all day though...I would have thought that the elected inactivity would be far more of a health threat than Covid at this stage?

To avoid bed sores you must rotate your body if in bed for a long time. Washing and creams help like E45.
    Does Mrs F have a chair in her room? Or a chair with desk? You can get those tables you pull over a chair. x

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information