Hello,

Has anyone had anxiety shift patterns? I’ve always suffered with health anxiety but recently my anxiety has really shifted to money anxiety.

My big fear is that I have only had a mortgage for two years. When I took out the mortgage my credit rating was excellent and I had no credit card debt at all. I now have a lot on credit cards and therefore my rating has dropped to average, although I always pay the bills on time.

My health anxiety has disappeared and I am now obsessed that the bank will see this and take my mortgage away. I’ve never missed a payment but I’m terrified they Will see the credit card debt racked up in a short space of time and decide I’m awful with money so pull the mortgage.

Worrying about it has me spiralling back into feeling breathless and all sorts of physical anxiety.

I have signed up to Experian and cut up the credit cards so I can pay each month and not add anything to them. But I can’t shake this obsessive worrying.

I’m spiralling with thoughts of my bank account being closed, having to tell my work I have no bank account anymore, mortgage being taken away and then ending up homeless.

Hopefully I’m catastrophising but my anxiety keeps telling me I have every reason to worry.

Anyone with money triggered anxiety, how do you get it under control?

Many thanks everyone