Hi all, I joined this forum at the beginning of my pregnancy last year. After my initial fear about rabies passed I had a remarkably calm pregnancy. Was afraid I'd end up with a bunch if unnecessary tests that would harm baby. But I didn't do it and she is here. Healthy and beautiful.
Unfortunately so is my rabies fear. Less beautiful.. Please. Please help.
I climbed a ladder last night around dusk. I had to push through some tree branches to reach the top in order to finish up my painting job. At one point after getting poked by branched and bit/stung by God knows what I remember having the thought "what if?"No no no no noooo. Not this again!
I like in rural Texas. We have bats. I have seen bats on my property. A batbonce got into my house. Last year at school a kid brought a rabid bat in his pocket. It's a thing.
I have a bite on my back. Small. 1 puncture as far as I can tell. It does not itch. Stings a little. I am convinced it was a bat. Or that a bat bit me somewhere else and I just can't see it. This day has been an eternity of trying to decide whether to go to the ER. The doctor says she wouldn't. She says if I go in and tell them I think I was bit by a bat they will give me a rabies shot, but it's a fiasco and she didn't recommend it.
To be clear. I did not see a bat. I did not hear a bat. I did not feel bat. My whole family say I was not bitten by a bat and to stop worrying. Animal control were closed so I couldn't ask them. I could call the ER nurses line and they would likely recommend that I come in because of fear of being sued. In the US the shot is $10,000. Maybe worth it to not be paralyzed by fear for months? I don't know.