Thread: Hi I am new here and suffering with crippling anxiety and now deep depression.

Hi I am new here and suffering with crippling anxiety and now deep depression.

Hello everyone, I am struggling so badly with anxiety and now depression and it has ripped my life from me the last few years. The anxiety over the last two years has got so bad although its been about 4 years since I got unwell.

I would like to try meds, was on them over 4 years ago and came off and crashed but carried on tying to get better without them, I now feel I am at the end of my rope but am terrified to start meds due to the anxiey.

Anyone that help me I would appreicate very much, I feel so lost and alone and I do live alone too so its so hard to get through each day like this. I am barely functioning and everything is an effort. My life now is so small and I was such a busy person before all this and very active and not much stopped me doing things. I am now just a shell. I had seen mental health team over the last two years and they tried meds but I only lasted about 3 or 4 days on each trail becasue my anxiety was so bad and the meds seemed to make my anxiety worse, maybe i didnt give them enough time but after the 3 or 4 days I was scared that i would feel bad for months on end like that so I kept quitting the meds.

Please if anyone can offer some support or has experince in start up of meds and getting over the worst days/weeks or even months?

Thank you
    Julie12

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Julie12 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Welcome to No More Panic!

Thank you.

Re: Hi I am new here and suffering with crippling anxiety and now deep depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am struggling so badly with anxiety and now depression and it has ripped my life from me the last few years. The anxiety over the last two years has got so bad although its been about 4 years since I got unwell.

I would like to try meds, was on them over 4 years ago and came off and crashed but carried on tying to get better without them, I now feel I am at the end of my rope but am terrified to start meds due to the anxiey.

Anyone that help me I would appreicate very much, I feel so lost and alone and I do live alone too so its so hard to get through each day like this. I am barely functioning and everything is an effort. My life now is so small and I was such a busy person before all this and very active and not much stopped me doing things. I am now just a shell. I had seen mental health team over the last two years and they tried meds but I only lasted about 3 or 4 days on each trail becasue my anxiety was so bad and the meds seemed to make my anxiety worse, maybe i didnt give them enough time but after the 3 or 4 days I was scared that i would feel bad for months on end like that so I kept quitting the meds.

Please if anyone can offer some support or has experince in start up of meds and getting over the worst days/weeks or even months?

Thank you
    Julie12
    Oh bless you Julie you will find alot of like minded people here with good advice your not alone now xx

I was scared to to medication too but in the end I gave it ago l have been on and off antidepressants for years they have helped me but l realise it's not for everyone, maybe give them another go as you said you didn't give them chance to take affect, have you had any CBT or tried medication it can be very helpful, I'm here if you need a chat take care Julie xx

Re: Hi I am new here and suffering with crippling anxiety and now deep depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie12 View Post

Thank you
    Julie12
    Hi Julie & welcome. So sorry to hear you’re going through such a bad time.
    Certainly when you start on antidepressants it can be a rough ride for the first month but once they kick in its so worth it as they do gradually bring you back to the person you were before all this started. If you can hang on & keep going with them i’m sure you will feel the benefit, maybe you could combine it with CBT if you’re able to as thats very beneficial for all sorts of anxiety. You owe it to yourself to not have to live like this. Take care.

Thread Information