Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is something biblical happening ATM?

Is something biblical happening ATM?

I know I might have stolen this thread title from a similar thread on Digital Spy that was started back in February this year when Covid was just starting to make waves in this country, and also following numerous other disasters around the world just prior to then, but this thread is a kind of antidote to that particular one on DS.

In the sense that karma might now be striking some of the evils of this world of late. Over the past week or so;

1. President Trump and Co given the heave-ho.

2. Good news about the Pfizer vaccine, which is likely to start being rolled out over the coming weeks, with others likely to follow in due course.

3. The death of serial killer Peter Sutcliffe, nicknamed the 'Yorkshire Ripper'.

4. That toerag (and 'phantom' PM) Dominic Cummings finally handing in his notice today, hard on the heels of his other oppo yesterday.

What do others on here think?

Re: Is something biblical happening ATM?

Sutcliffe had been receiving karma via numerous violent attacks ever since he was imprisoned. Death will have been a release for that piece of scum.

Personally, I've had kept him going for as long as possible if it wasn't for the fact that his death has given his victims families closure.

I like this thread Lenco You may well be right, though when I heard Sutcliffe had been finished off by covid, I couldn't help feeling that the virus is not so bad after all.

Apparently he was terrified of getting Covid (daughter's research) so i hope his death was a long and painful one with every breath a monumental labour.

Scotland have qualified for next Summer's Euros! Covid-permitting of course!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Apparently he was terrified of getting Covid (daughter's research) so i hope his death was a long and painful one with every breath a monumental labour.
    Didn't he refuse treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Didn't he refuse treatment?
    I saw that reported earlier.

I don't think so really. Each year has it's good & bad. And some of what you have written is political so it's subjective i.e. not too many Trump fans are thinking it's good.

Politics is swings & roundabouts.

New Labour shat all over uni students by allowing unis to charge up to x so they all went for the top amount. They kept on closing my local cottage hospital (long term Labour council too) despite a residents group fighting it after the Tories started it off. They took us into an illegal war. They gave us the gift that was ATOS assessments.

Forgetting Brown we then get Call Me Dave. He let IDS take a great big dump all over disabled people for years until he ran like a baby when his EU referendum gamble backfired on him. We had the coalition with the LibDems and Cable flogging off Royal Mail for bargain bucket prices to the rich.

Then comes May. Nuff said really. The most pointless PM probably in history. She resided over the Windrush scandal which was a disgrace.

Now we have bumbling Boris. Not doing too well with covid. Losing his hard-line support over Brexit as he keeps pushing back his deadlines with the EU.

Now someone can right an exact opposite to all of that telling us why those years were great. I could put some there myself (well, maybe not for May and little for Boris). Some of those years were all gravy to some, it just depends on your political leanings.

US members could do the same, surely? For a start we had the illegal war with Bush Jr.

Cummings is just a hate figure to some but won't he just be replaced with one of the many waiting in his wake? If the vote had gone the other way we would have had Milne, Murphy and Lansman (not forgetting Len). All as bad?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I don't think so really. Each year has it's good & bad. And some of what you have written is political so it's subjective i.e. not too many Trump fans are thinking it's good.

Politics is swings & roundabouts.

New Labour shat all over uni students by allowing unis to charge up to x so they all went for the top amount. They kept on closing my local cottage hospital (long term Labour council too) despite a residents group fighting it after the Tories started it off. They took us into an illegal war. They gave us the gift that was ATOS assessments.

Forgetting Brown we then get Call Me Dave. He let IDS take a great big dump all over disabled people for years until he ran like a baby when his EU referendum gamble backfired on him. We had the coalition with the LibDems and Cable flogging off Royal Mail for bargain bucket prices to the rich.

Then comes May. Nuff said really. The most pointless PM probably in history. She resided over the Windrush scandal which was a disgrace.

Now we have bumbling Boris. Not doing too well with covid. Losing his hard-line support over Brexit as he keeps pushing back his deadlines with the EU.

Now someone can right an exact opposite to all of that telling us why those years were great. I could put some there myself (well, maybe not for May and little for Boris). Some of those years were all gravy to some, it just depends on your political leanings.

US members could do the same, surely? For a start we had the illegal war with Bush Jr.

Cummings is just a hate figure to some but won't he just be replaced with one of the many waiting in his wake? If the vote had gone the other way we would have had Milne, Murphy and Lansman (not forgetting Len). All as bad?
    You're right Terry, politics is swings and roundabouts, and it's probably only a matter of time before Biden and Co start getting it in the neck from all the 'know-it-alls' of this world.

Why don't we just reinstate John Major as PM? After all he presided over most of those good ol' days of the 90s and appears to be considered the least evil PM of the past 50 years!!

When you say biblical are you referring to The Book of Revelations?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information