Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flashes of light in the outer corner of my eye

Re: Flashes of light in the outer corner of my eye

So you've had medical professionals give you the all clear and booked a private MRI?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No, I got a referral from a neurologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Myka01 View Post
    No, I got a referral from a neurologist.
    So you saw a neurologist and were referred? I saw you got an appointment for the MRI, I just didn't see that you saw a neurologist mentioned anywhere. Your post said you scheduled one.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 28-01-21 at 17:25.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I've scheduled the MRI based on a referral from the neurologist. My mother knows this neurologist and managed to get it sooner, the first date was in April. In my country you receive a referral and schedule all tests on your own.

Oh, and I did see the neurologist a month ago. She did all the basic tests for reflexes, etc. and said she didn't see anything abnormal. But I didn't tell her anything about the pupils, because I didn't notice it back then. She gave me the referral.

I got ya... Sounds like she did it for your reassurance TBH. Again, based on what you've shared, it really does appear that this is just a normal body anomaly for you. Let us know how you make out.

Positive thoughts

I had the MRI today. I don't have a tumor or MS but I do have something. An arachnoid cyst in the back of my head... I don't even know what to do now. I feel numb...

Ahhh... the joys of incidental findings. When I had cancer, they found several nodules on my lungs. Nothing dramatic but they keep an eye on them for changes and as of last check, nothing's changed.

An arachnoid cyst. Interesting. Never heard of it. From what I just read (thanks Dr Google) they're usually congenital (from birth) and could be the cause of the symptoms. Also very treatable if need be. Wait and see what the doctor recommends.

Positive thoughts

It says on the report that it doesn't compress any brain structures so it probably doesn't cause any problems. But it is in the back of my head where the vision center is so I feel like it might be connected to my symptoms. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Myka01 View Post
    It says on the report that it doesn't compress any brain structures so it probably doesn't cause any problems. But it is in the back of my head where the vision center is so I feel like it might be connected to my symptoms. I don't know.
    Let the doctor determine that. From what I read, if they need to do anything at all, the procedure to drain it is pretty simple and non invasive. Most people have no idea they even have this and if it does cause problems, they occur in early childhood. Thing is, the flashing light symptom you described is a pretty standard visual anomaly. Heck, I get them as well as a host of others and niggles. Our bodies are just noisy buggers. I just ignore it and move on.

Positive thoughts

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information