Thread: Male breast lump, advice appreciated.

Male breast lump, advice appreciated.

Good morning, all.

Firstly let me be clear I’m not seeking medical reassurance here, I know that is (sadly!) not realistic. Just after some advice and perhaps some solidarity.

Long story short found a lump underneath my left breast in August of 2018. Had my wife check it and the fact that it seems to be smaller than a pea and moveable reassured me. Fast forward abit, 2020 hits and it gets stuck in my head somewhat and schedule a doctors appointment late October. He feels it and says it feels like a lipoma perhaps or cyst but he’ll book an ultrasound to put my mind at rest. Sadly second lockdown struck and it looks like possibly next year before I get my scan.

Now the lump hasn’t changed in all this time,’t chest and armpit feel kinda sore but that could well be me poking it all day everyday. The doctor said it’s not attached to breast tissue and he’s not concerned. I also managed to shine a light through it as the doctor did when I went for a lump checking in the nether regions and it’s completely translucent.

Anyway, basically I’m going abit stir crazy without being able to get an answer. You know where you don’t want to touch a whole area as the lump just feels massive (in your mind!) don’t even like seeing myself topless as my eye just starts inspecting my chesticles!

Any advice much appreciated.
    Hope you’re all well!

Re: Male breast lump, advice appreciated.

I don’t understand why you have to wait until next year? If a woman presented with a lump in her breast, I’m assuming she’d be seen within the 2 week target for screening in those circumstances, COVID or no COVID. Maybe I’m being naive.

if this is causing stress and anxiety, I’d go back and ask if the 2 week target is still being used and ask to be seen sooner.

I had this HA last year and had an ultrasound (ok) and I can 100% tell you that poking armpits and neck will very quickly become sore.

1. Not connected to breast tissue - good
    2. Is translucent - good.

I have a bunch of fatty nobbly bits around that area too.

I had some and got worried and had my doctor take a look. She did not look concerned but sent me for a scan, all was ok and was just fat deposits or whatever they called them. I still think it should get checked out but think about, it has been there since 2018, probably be real bad by now if it was something serious but like I mentioned, its an easy thing to check so definitely do it.

Evening, all.

Just to update and conclude this thread, I finally had my scan today! It’s a small Lipoma, otherwise known as annoying little lump of fat. Measuring at 2cm. Fantastic experience at the hospital even in COVID times, such professional and friendly staff. Wonderful feeling to have had it thoroughly examined and know it’s nothing to worry about.

Happy new year!

Happy New Year. Pleased for you - thanks for updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information