Thread: Got Covid Tested, HA is Taking Over

Got Covid Tested, HA is Taking Over

I posted about it a few days ago but came down with a fever and body aches and that moved into congestion and loss of smell. Got tested for Covid on Thursday afternoon. I am on day 9 of feeling symptoms. Don’t know if it’s Covid or not but I’m scared shitless. I keep worrying that I’ll take a turn for the worse and end up intubated on a ventilator at the hospital. I’m so scared. I keep feeling like fullness in my throat like there’s a lump in there and wondering if mucus will drown me. I’m scared to take anything like DayQuil because idk if it will make it worse. I’m so freaked out my throat will close and I’ll die. I keep having panic attacks and crying and I’m so exhausted from the fear but I feel like I’m just waiting for something bad to happen.

Re: Got Covid Tested, HA is Taking Over

Hey.
    When do you get the results back? Hopefully not long. I understand it’s incredibly stressful and scary but if it’s day 9, that’s a good sign because I think if it’s going to get bad it does so around day 6 or something. Plus if you’re usually pretty healthy there’s only a small chance of it badly affecting you.

I’m no doctor and can’t tell you if it is or isn’t but the good thing is you got the test and won’t have to wait too long. And of course it could be negative.

Sending positive thoughts x

Hey girl, so the guy who did it said within 72 hours. It’s been like 40ish and no email yet. My husband got tested too so he can go back to work on Monday and he hasn’t gotten his either.

And that’s what my friends are saying. They are like okay try to calm down because if it were going to get bad it would’ve already happened but thats health anxiety 😭😭 I just want the results so badly just to know.

I’m 29 with no co morbidities. Just exercise induced asthma when I was a kid and I have allergies...I work out a lot and eat pretty decently. Not overweight. Not a smoker. But I’m still so scared

You are understandably stressed however stress can cause illness to last longer so try to relax.

I would say you are in the best category to be in at 29 and no underlying health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by aanns_GAD View Post
    I’m so freaked out my throat will close and I’ll die.

Covid doesn't do that.

You are in an extremely low risk category. The numbers are on your side, try and think about something else and stop over-thinking something that isn't happening right now. Distract yourself. Focusing on 'what if's' serves no purpose whatsoever.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you AnxietyJoe. I’m too afraid to Google things so in my mind that’s what I’ve built up.

Just got the results back and they are positive. I’m on day 10. Do you guys think I’m out of the woods in regards to something terrible happening?

Thread Information