Thread: Ven and lyrinel xl for sweating

Ven and lyrinel xl for sweating

Hi, I've been on ven for 3 years and the head sweating is becoming out of hand, I have just been disliked lyrinel xl 5mg and am petrified to take it! (Health anxiety) any one tried it and had success or not, any advice welcome x

Re: Ven and lyrinel xl for sweating

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa76 View Post
    Hi, I've been on ven for 3 years and the head sweating is becoming out of hand, I have just been disliked lyrinel xl 5mg and am petrified to take it! (Health anxiety) any one tried it and had success or not, any advice welcome x
    Oxybutynin (lyrinel xl) is most often prescribed to the elderly with over active bladders, or to bed-wetting children, but it is also pretty good at easing antidepressant induced sweating. It usually produces few side-effects with dry-mouth being the main one.

Unfortunately, pill phobia is fairly common with all anxiety disorders, not just HA. It's the freebie we get instead of the steak knives. How is your HA generally?

Thanks for your reply, my HA isn't too bad but unfortunately I do get stupid when having to take new meds especially when I have read all the side effects! 😑 really wanted to see if anyone had had success with out any trouble, especially as I'm now holding down a job I dont want to cock it up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa76 View Post
    I do get stupid when having to take new meds especially when I have read all the side effects!
    That's never a good idea as an anxious mind is very adept at delivering them all if given half a chance.

wanted to see if anyone had had success with out any trouble, especially as I'm now holding down a job I dont want to cock it up lol
    Oxybutynin has a very short half-life, 2-3 hours so any side-effects won't last long once you stop taking it, plus 5mg is a small dose with 20mg being the recommended maximum for adults.

Thread Information