Okay so... I have a situation.

I have been on Diane-35 for about 2-3 years, I’ve had no side effects apart from gaining a few pounds (and dropping them after like 3 months) and my acne clearer up nicely. All I’ve got left are scars. The thing is, I never knew Diane-35 is known to cause blot clots. I only knew all contraceptives have that risk but not that the risk is higher on Diane.

Since I don’t want my anxiety to go haywire again, I’m trying to think logically here. My dermatologist told me he’s gonna start treating my scars so there’s no need for me to stay on Diane, right? Can I just stop taking the pill? Should I call my doctor first? Is my risk of getting a blood clot higher if I stop taking the pill? I’m on day 2 in a new pack, can I even stop the pill at this time?

Also, since I have all my lectures on Zoom, i’m sitting a lot - my legs and arms are always stuck in the same position but I always move them around because I’m paranoid about getting a clot. Recently my left arm is a bit achy (i’ve been playing a game with my friends for like 4 hours last night) and i’m scared it’ll end up being a clot that’ll travel to my lungs or brain :(

I really want to drop Diane but I’m scared of doing it in case that that will just heighten my risk and I’ll end up with a clot in a few months :( has anyone here had experience with Diane? Please help, I don’t want to google because that certainly won’t end up great.